Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't want is to get to a gig and my trackpad to freeze in the middle of a set. It doesn't happen all the time but happened randomly so it's hard to tell if re-installing clover fixed the issue permanently. If you take a look and see any obvious errors in my build that will help me troubleshoot in a big way.

Make sure CSM/legacy boot is enabled in BIOS.
Fast boot disabled.

Is it this issue?
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/10
(I have not gotten around to fixing the issue, usually caused by static discharge)

Thanks for the suggestion. WHen you say CSM/Legacy boot do you mean UEFI Hybrid with CSM? That's the option that was recommended for this specific laptop. I also have the option for booting UEFI without CSM and a third option for Legacy. Is legacy the one I should choose?

By the way I forgot these trackpads have an on off switch! Double tapping the tiny dot in the upper left of the trackpad fixed the unresponsive trackpad. Usually that little light comes on but in this case it stays off so I had no idea I had triggered it. Is there a way to disable that?

Yes/same thing.

OK great that UEFI Hybrid with CSM has always been selected in my BIOS options. I saw an option in BIOS to wake laptop when opening lid so I enabled that but it didn't make a difference. Should I disable that? It was already off by default.

By the way I forgot these trackpads have an on off switch! Double tapping the tiny dot in the upper left of the trackpad fixed the unresponsive trackpad. Usually that little light comes on but in this case it stays off so I had no idea I had triggered it. Is there a way to disable that?

I am aware of the double tap in upper left corner for disable and the associated LED. I implemented the code to support it.

OK great that UEFI Hybrid with CSM has always been selected in my BIOS options. I saw an option in BIOS to wake laptop when opening lid so I enabled that but it didn't make a difference. Should I disable that? It was already off by default.

Your choice, depending on preference.

That little light must be broken on my laptop because while double tapping does turn the trackpad on and off the light stays off no matter what. I can live without that light I guess. The black screen on wake seems to be the only issue outstanding. Any tips or forum thread referrals on how to fix it are much appreciated.

The black screen on wake seems to be the only issue outstanding. Any tips or forum thread referrals on how to fix it are much appreciated.

Couple of things to try (separately):
- disable WhateverGreen.kext by using kernel flag -wegoff
- try injecting device-id=<26160000> in config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) (with WhateverGreen enabled)

I'm so happy you mentioned PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0). Under my build that sector is empty with no values in it whatsoever when opened with plist edit pro. In the guide you said all config.plist profiles had a 32mb igpu patch or something to that effect enabled but I checked a few of the config.plist files and they were empty there as well. Some config.plist had values in there but some also had nothing there. I thought the 32mb patch might be the source of the graphics problems since I had 64mb enabled in BIOS but since PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) was empty I moved on to other solutions. Mine has no reference to anything not whatevergreen not the 32mb igpu patch it's just an empty directory. Could that be the cause of the black screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back