Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems to be disabled in Rehabmans config.plist I haven't un-disabled it as I'm thinking there's probably a reason for this?
you will have to zip and upload your EFI

I do have GenericUSBXHCI.kext but it doesn't seem to be doing anything
I think it needs updating

done

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 31
you will need to follow this:
to setup your usb ports correctly

Hi! Need help to solve WAKE Issue

Zbook G3 and G4 wake from sleep is causing the apps to freeze or hang. QuickTime and other players doesn't work. Safari will freeze too. Tried VoodooTSCSync.kext, but nothing happens. The only way is to solve glitchy apps performance is rebooting.

Problem is on any OS i have (Catalina, High Sierra)

ACPI LOG BEFORE SLEEP (PTS) AND WAKE EVENT:
Maybe that’s problem with cpu powermanagment? Rehabman used plugintype enable option at clover, but with stock config this prevents system from load
7C74543C-76B7-498E-A05D-F56DDAB5029E.jpeg

UPD1. It seems like the error comes from Intel GPU
QuickLookUIService GVA error: AGPMGetManagedPortForAccelerator returned 0x4 for VP4

Attachments

• error after sleep on media play.txt
    7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
you will need to follow this:
to setup your usb ports correctly
Finally got it working with the removal of usbinjectall.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext and using mXHCD.kext.
Works fine but not seen in system report.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-17 at 07.26.20.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-17 at 07.26.20.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2022-05-17 at 07.31.08.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-17 at 07.31.08.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 23
Hi! Need help to solve WAKE Issue

Zbook G3 and G4 wake from sleep is causing the apps to freeze or hang. QuickTime and other players doesn't work. Safari will freeze too. Tried VoodooTSCSync.kext, but nothing happens. The only way is to solve glitchy apps performance is rebooting.

Problem is on any OS i have (Catalina, High Sierra)

ACPI LOG BEFORE SLEEP (PTS) AND WAKE EVENT:
Maybe that’s problem with cpu powermanagment? Rehabman used plugintype enable option at clover, but with stock config this prevents system from load
View attachment 547775

UPD1. It seems like the error comes from Intel GPU
QuickLookUIService GVA error: AGPMGetManagedPortForAccelerator returned 0x4 for VP4

Same is happening even with OpenCore bootloader and tried different framebuffers, but still WAKE from sleep causing apps and media hanging. Tried different configs from web... still no stable WAKE. Also was tested without dGPU, but every time same.

Any ideas? Thanks!

UPD1. Tested without audio. It seems like that is fully related to IGPU, because only accelerated features not working.

UPD2. After bios downgrade to 1.27 - on wake i see artifacts of igpu and system halted

Last edited:
Same is happening even with OpenCore bootloader and tried different framebuffers, but still WAKE from sleep causing apps and media hanging. Tried different configs from web... still no stable WAKE. Also was tested without dGPU, but every time same.

Any ideas? Thanks!

UPD1. Tested without audio. It seems like that is fully related to IGPU, because only accelerated features not working.

UPD2. After bios downgrade to 1.27 - on wake i see artifacts of igpu and system halted
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Thanks! I have tried a lot prebuilt efi configs. But no proper wake. Also tried to replace igpu vbios with one from dell and got even better graphics performance at OpenGL. But Zbook g4 has no igpu problem with wake. So problem depends on acpi. And here is interesting: GWAK, GPTS methods of g4 are located at PCI0, but at G3 is at PCI0.GFX0. So as far as I do understand, patching this should solve wake problem related to IGPU

New to this forum. Trying to install macOS on 6470b (i5-3320m). Just wonder if the guide at post #1 still up to date?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back