Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the G5 Elitebooks, kecingers Github repository ia a great start

i'm running catalina 10.15.7 on elitebook 8470p with clover. Did anyone got lucky updanting to Big Sur directly thru system preferences?

i'm running catalina 10.15.7 on elitebook 8470p with clover. Did anyone got lucky updanting to Big Sur directly thru system preferences?
What Clover bootloader version are you running?

I'm running OpenCore and have not yet figured this out. My computer locks up at boot after Big Sur is installed. Please let me know if you have luck with Clover and I may switch back to Clover so I can upgrade.

I have finally finished my OpenCore setup for HP Probook 450 G5
Removed almost everything from the original rehabman's guide, and now I can confirm that everything is working almost perfect. Also, updated to Big Sur with no problem

2020-11-20 19.29.02.jpg

I am running Catalina on my HP 840 g1 and am moving from Clover to OpenCore. I can boot from OpenCore and is not hard and it just needs to be patient. Almost everything is working except the battery, some USB port reports it needs more power. Also got some CMOS error on reboot but applying the RTC fix patch from the original Rehabman's clover config.plist seems to fix the problem. It just got me to wonder if I should keep all those patches from Rehabman because the battery worked before. Any thoughts ?

Removed almost everything from the original rehabman's guide, and now I can confirm that everything is working almost perfect. Also, updated to Big Sur with no problem

View attachment 497360
Can you help me with a tutorial? My laptop is the probook 450 g5 and I'll be happy to have Catalina or BigSur (now I'm working nice with Mojave)...
Thanks in advance

Anyone with the HP Probook 4540s ???? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back