Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, but what should I do to be able to use the NVIDIA Quadro K3100M adapter which is better graphic adapter of the two ??? Thank you.
your hardware profile is not filled out as per faq requirements:

unless you can disable your intel in your BIOS either by options or modding your bios

Guys, hi

I'm having a small issue with Catalina 15.02.

It seems that system won't recognize when I connect an Apple Airpods to 3.5mm jack and still uses the internal mic. Is there is something to do to make the system use the mic in earphones?

I've properly hackintoshed my HP ProBook 440 G2 Broadwell laptop because of this guide. Thank you!

I have a G5 and with the latest bios update I cannot boot anymore. Boot reaches the complete full bar, but system hangs there

Just add a ACPI patch in clover and this should fix booting

Code:
Comment — Fix BIOS DSDT Device(RTC) bug
Find — A00A9353 54415301
Replace — A00A910A FF0BFFFF

Hello everyone, i was wondeing about the VoodooI2c branch on the github, is it possible to use it with Catalina in your opinion? I remember it was somehow lagging behind the master branch and i was having some issues back then, but the trackpad experience was so much better on the Probook g5 i had back then
Still hoping Rehabman will be back one day and bring the balance back to the Hackintosh community

Hello everyone, i was wondeing about the VoodooI2c branch on the github, is it possible to use it with Catalina in your opinion? I remember it was somehow lagging behind the master branch and i was having some issues back then, but the trackpad experience was so much better on the Probook g5 i had back then
Still hoping Rehabman will be back one day and bring the balance back to the Hackintosh community

grab this one, works fine on my g5

grab this one, works fine on my g5
Last time i tried, placing the kext with the ssdt / config.plist compiled from the "i2c" branch did not work properly, are you on the "master" branch? Reading the documentation for the i2c drivers it seems that using the kexts without proper acpi patches in place would result in slower performance / hiccups
Using the i2c branch on the probook repository gave me issues with audio and other stuff though
I will give it a try with the latest i2c builds using the master branch (with the layout ID swap in the ssdt for heaphone support)

Last time i tried, placing the kext with the ssdt / config.plist compiled from the "i2c" branch did not work properly, are you on the "master" branch? Reading the documentation for the i2c drivers it seems that using the kexts without proper acpi patches in place would result in slower performance / hiccups
Using the i2c branch on the probook repository gave me issues with audio and other stuff though
I will give it a try with the latest i2c builds using the master branch (with the layout ID swap in the ssdt for heaphone support)

Yes, my ssdt and config were generated from i2c branch

Quoting my post to the 'test & update Rehabmans [Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hot patch' thread:
Is anybody successfully using:
  • VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC?
  • AcidAnthera's VoodooPS2 project instead of RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller kext?
  • Something newer than RehabMan's USBInjectAll kext?
  • Upstream, more up-to-date and recently maintained IntelMausEthernet instead of RehabMan's fork?

Also: not that I'm planning to take this risk myself, but has anybody succeeded in trying to use OpenCore instead of Clover yet?

Basically, how far might it be safe to go to:
use…updated kexts
and infrastructure. Conservatively, I wouldn't personally risk any experiments here…, but I'm also wary of unmaintained software, so any field reports would be welcome.

Hi!
Is it possible to power off INTEL GPU using DSDT or SSDT editing?

I know that disable injection in clover is easy, but not working on windows. SSDT patch is perfect and working on windows. If I connect EGPU through thunderbolt it without SSDT power state patch will use INTEL as Pass-Through of the graphics image. But if Intel is disabled, image from gpu passing to hdmi without any slowdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back