Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Motherboard
NUC8i7BNH | Dell XPS 15" 7590
CPU
i7 8559U | i7 9750H
Graphics
UHD 655 | UHD 630
On mine 840 g5 with Catalina 15.01 working fine.
Could you please upload your EFI folder please? I have the same model and cannot boot installer. Thank you!

Motherboard
hackintosh
CPU
i3
Graphics
intel
Clover updated, boots, but not reading/showing mac encrtpyed volume.

Fresh install works ok, after update to newest clover v2.5k r5098 then doesnt work.

mac picture missing at clover boot screen for

hfs+ ecnrypted

Fresh install with Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c.pkg

Then

Updated to Clover_v2.5k_r5098.pkg

Instead of using rehabmans clover, use newest version of clover for fresh install?

Can someone edit or add pin to the guide about updated version of clover.

Also after finished downloading Catalina, it dissappears from apps launchpad. issue with clover version? + high sierra/mojave?

System updates

First step should be to update to the latest repository as described in "Updates to the patch repositories".

Also update Clover to the latest using the Clover installer.

Also update config.plist at EFI/Clover/config.plist to the latest content from the repo. Be sure to retain your own SMBIOS data at config.plist/SMBIOS.

Now you can update via the App Store. Just boot the installer/updater upon restart.

After updating, run ./install_downloads.sh again:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
./install_downloads.sh
The reason for running ./install_downloads.sh both before and after the update is because the kexts installed by install_downloads.sh may depend on the version of OS X currently running.

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 840 G3-N75-Clover
CPU
i5-6300U
Graphics
HD520, 1920×1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
Clover updated, boots, but not reading/showing mac encrtpyed volume.

Fresh install works ok, after update to newest clover v2.5k r5098 then doesnt work.

mac picture missing at clover boot screen for

hfs+ ecnrypted

Fresh install with Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c.pkg

Then

Updated to Clover_v2.5k_r5098.pkg

Instead of using rehabmans clover, use newest version of clover for fresh install?

Can someone edit or add pin to the guide about updated version of clover.

Also after finished downloading Catalina, it dissappears from apps launchpad. issue with clover version? + high sierra/mojave?
It's hard for me to understand. If you updated to Clover v2.5k, did you update directory structure as well? v2.4k is not compatible with v2.5k. Also, you didn't include any Problem reporting files.

Motherboard
hackintosh
CPU
i3
Graphics
intel
It's hard for me to understand. If you updated to Clover v2.5k, did you update directory structure as well? v2.4k is not compatible with v2.5k. Also, you didn't include any Problem reporting files.
Hi,

No did not update directory structure. Is there a post link on how to do this?

Or is it just easy and quick to use v2.5k while following the guide - will rehabmans automation script not be compatible with v2.5k?

Sorry, no problem reporting files attached, trying to find the link and read up on how to make it.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-6300U
Graphics
HD520, 1920×1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you haven't updated the structure, that would be it. I don't know if there is an official guide. If I remember correctly:
  1. create drivers directory
  2. move drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI
  3. remove "-64" in the name of EFI drivers (files in drivers/UEFI)
That should be it.

Motherboard
hackintosh
CPU
i3
Graphics
intel
hi thanks for the help.

is it

a/ move the folder drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI

or

b/ move "only the files" from inside the folder drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI

If you haven't updated the structure, that would be it. I don't know if there is an official guide. If I remember correctly:
  1. create drivers directory
  2. move drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI
  3. remove "-64" in the name of EFI drivers (files in drivers/UEFI)
That should be it.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-6300U
Graphics
HD520, 1920×1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
hi thanks for the help.

is it

a/ move the folder drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI

or

b/ move "only the files" from inside the folder drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI
It's B.

Motherboard
HP Probook 450G1
CPU
Intel Core i5 4210M
Graphics
AMD Radeon 8750M, Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I tried to create the usb installer as well and I have the same problem. The only way for me to get into installer is to use my EFI from running hackintosh. :/

edit: found this on a different forum and it supposedly helped, I'll try that tomorrow
OK, How is the result?

Motherboard
H81M-D
CPU
G3260
Graphics
GT710
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Here's a working 2570p Catalina EFI that I found on the interweb. Just create a bootable Catalina USB using the createinstallmedia approach, install clover on it, mount its EFI, delete the EFI folder and put the EFI that I attached.

Use case: You just want to install Catalina 10.15 on 2570p as fast and as painless as possible. If you tried installing Catalina on your 2570p using RH's guide and kept on getting stuck on boot or whatever, use this EFI. After a successful boot to the desktop, you then have the option to learn more by following RH's post-install procedure. But for me, this EFI is enough as it works as expected (SpeedStep works). If you decide to just use the EFI as is, just generate a new serial number using Clover Configurator disable hibernate mode using RehabMan's terminal commands mentioned on this guide.

Attachments