Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear @RehabMan,

I'm using my Hackint0sh Elitebook for 2 years now and I'm really happy with it.
Right now - Mojave with latest Clover and with updated repositories with KEXTs.

I don't have a problem with connecting my 840 G3 by DisplayPort. But lately I've bought DOCKING STATION (
HP UltraSlim Docking Station 2013 D9Y32AA)

USB ports are working, HP is charging but when I'm connecting my monitor via DisplayPort in Docking station - I have screen flickering and It's trying to display on external screen but It's going on and off.
Does the docking station is not supported?
Maybe I should do something to make It works?

Thank you for your help and great job!

In photo booth the cam is ok but in facetime or in users to chance the photo Black image bit is not a big problem

Thanks
Try to open facetime (or other app) and then open photobooth at the same time to see what happens.
I opened Facetime and got the same thing, a black image. When I opened photobooth, It started to work on both apps.

Dear @RehabMan,

I'm using my Hackint0sh Elitebook for 2 years now and I'm really happy with it.
Right now - Mojave with latest Clover and with updated repositories with KEXTs.

I don't have a problem with connecting my 840 G3 by DisplayPort. But lately I've bought DOCKING STATION (
HP UltraSlim Docking Station 2013 D9Y32AA)

USB ports are working, HP is charging but when I'm connecting my monitor via DisplayPort in Docking station - I have screen flickering and It's trying to display on external screen but It's going on and off.
Does the docking station is not supported?
Maybe I should do something to make It works?

Thank you for your help and great job!

I've got the same laptop and the docking station. 2 monitors are connected to the docking station - first one via Display Port and the second one via VGA. Both connected via Display Ports didn't work for me - the second one was mirror of the first one. Also note that I don't close the laptop when I connect it to the docking station.

When i have installed Mojave on Probook 450 G3 after the second install of the apple wizard step (which i must chose the language etc.. ) can't see the screen. See attachment.

I have used the last clover EFI. Videomode set on 64mb How can i solve the problem?

Schermafbeelding 2019-11-05 om 20.42.02.png

Can you guys verify is caps lock diode is working for you? Once I press caps lock, the led stays on until reboot. The function of caps lock itself is working ok. I have this issue on both my hacks.

The caps lock problem was fixed with some updated kext. I don't know which one was that. I will find out on my other hack.

After a while my HP Elitebook 8470p laptop running stability with this guide. Today, after an unexpected restart, Clover screen doesn't display macOS boot options but only window boot options.
How can I fix this?

I think it's caused by Windows as Windows started replacing clover at each boot. More here:

12. Clover Bios setup

I used the rename trick for long time (bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi and then place CLOVERX64.efi renamed as bootmgfw.efi) but after each windows update I had to again rename it. and recently windows started replacing it at each boot. so I came up with this trick: I copied the CLOVERX64.efi form EFI/Clover/ created a new folder named ubuntu inside EFI folder and placed CLOVERX64.efi in EFI/ubuntu/ then renamed CLOVERX64.efi to grubx64.efi. now Bios think that Grub is installed. and finally in Bios Boot Order move ubuntu to top.
(you have to repeat this process after every Clover Bootloader update)

over 1 hour

I tried to create the usb installer as well and I have the same problem. The only way for me to get into installer is to use my EFI from running hackintosh. :/

edit: found this on a different forum and it supposedly helped, I'll try that tomorrow
add Clover ACPI patch renaming ECDV device to EC; this is absolutely mandatory since Catalina beta #5.

Last edited:
Clover updated, boots, but not reading/showing mac encrtpyed volume.

Fresh install works ok, after update to newest clover v2.5k r5098 then doesnt work.

mac picture missing at clover boot screen for

hfs+ ecnrypted

Fresh install with Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c.pkg

Then

Updated to Clover_v2.5k_r5098.pkg

Instead of using rehabmans clover, use newest version of clover for fresh install?

Can someone edit or add pin to the guide about updated version of clover.

Also after finished downloading Catalina, it dissappears from apps launchpad. issue with clover version? + high sierra/mojave?

System updates

First step should be to update to the latest repository as described in "Updates to the patch repositories".

Also update Clover to the latest using the Clover installer.

Also update config.plist at EFI/Clover/config.plist to the latest content from the repo. Be sure to retain your own SMBIOS data at config.plist/SMBIOS.

Now you can update via the App Store. Just boot the installer/updater upon restart.

After updating, run ./install_downloads.sh again:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
./install_downloads.sh

The reason for running ./install_downloads.sh both before and after the update is because the kexts installed by install_downloads.sh may depend on the version of OS X currently running.

Clover updated, boots, but not reading/showing mac encrtpyed volume.

Fresh install works ok, after update to newest clover v2.5k r5098 then doesnt work.

mac picture missing at clover boot screen for

hfs+ ecnrypted

Fresh install with Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c.pkg

Then

Updated to Clover_v2.5k_r5098.pkg

Instead of using rehabmans clover, use newest version of clover for fresh install?

Can someone edit or add pin to the guide about updated version of clover.

Also after finished downloading Catalina, it dissappears from apps launchpad. issue with clover version? + high sierra/mojave?

It's hard for me to understand. If you updated to Clover v2.5k, did you update directory structure as well? v2.4k is not compatible with v2.5k. Also, you didn't include any Problem reporting files.

It's hard for me to understand. If you updated to Clover v2.5k, did you update directory structure as well? v2.4k is not compatible with v2.5k. Also, you didn't include any Problem reporting files.

Hi,

No did not update directory structure. Is there a post link on how to do this?

Or is it just easy and quick to use v2.5k while following the guide - will rehabmans automation script not be compatible with v2.5k?

Sorry, no problem reporting files attached, trying to find the link and read up on how to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back