Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my Probook 440 G4 to 10.15 wo problems except BT, it will be next step). First betas were pure fail btw.

My fan in Mojave is very quiet - it spins up at times as I would expected depending on what I am doing. On Catalina it was running much faster and would run up quicker still as I used the system.

I did leave Catalina logged in for 12 hours in case it was converting something in the background. That didn't seem to make any real difference.

Is you battery indicator working as expected? I didn't stay on Catalina too long as the fan was a concern but from what I remember the battery seemed to stay at 100%, which it would not have done on Mojave.
On my ZBook G1 also higher spinning fans with Catalina.
Is there any solution for this?
Battery status works fine I think

I updated my Elitebook 840 G3 using current Rehabman's repo, follow the instruction for System update. Also, use these BT patches on Catalina. The ones from Rehabman's repo don't work on Catalina.

If you'd like, you can check my update process in this simple guide.
Your guide worked great. I was able to upgrade my machine to Catalina with no new issues. The only issue I am still having is sleep still doesn't work. I worked with Rehabman earlier this year in length and could not get it figured out.

The People Who have hp elitebook 8470p have the webcam working?

Is detected but Black image on apps

I have that very same model and everything works fine.
It is connected to its dock station but the four USB ports do not work.
Are you in the same situation?

Regards,
I'm not, i use my computer without dock, i think you need a specific .kext.
For my battery now it's work i have copy other .dsl :)

Greetings,
Followed Rehabman's guide and enjoying the results. All is functional with the exception of screen brightness control. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_8463.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 77
Hi everyone,

I successfully updated to catalina following this guide, which already contains the bios EC hotpatch, firstly updating clover and crucial kexts (AppleALC, Lilu and WEG). Then I updated kexts for bluetooth injection (I use a Dell DW1560) and that's it!
I use an HP Probook 450 G5

Thanks again @RehabMan!

Regards,

Marco

Hp elitebook 8470p With i5, Intel HD 4000 success updated with fresh install

Only the problema with bluetooth and atheros Wi-Fi but now all works

Thanks for the guide and for the help
Dude, just installed Catalina on mine 8470p. What did u do to fix wifi, bluetooth, brightness and sound?
could u send me the files u used?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back