Graphics
HD520 1920x1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, Classic, iMac, Plus
Mobile Phone
Android
I'm having Audio issues with my HP Probook 640 G2.

I just replaced the cover behind my LCD display because of defective Wifi antenna wires. This required a complete disassembly of the notebook and reassembly. Once complete, the computer booted fine and the WiFi works correctly again.

Unfortunately, there is no built-in speakers audio. It does actually see the external audio port though. I then booted into Windows 10 and had the same issue. I shut down the computer, detached the keyboard and checked the speaker connections. Disconnected and moved the wires a bit in case a pinched wire was the problem. Then reconnected the speakers and booted into Windows. The built-in audio was back! Then back to Mojave. Still no speakers! Audio MIDI Setup doesn't show anything but the external audio port.

I rebooted with the '-f' command and rebuilt the kextcache. Still no success! I'm at a loss! BIOS sounds the speakers as does Windows. Just nothing in Mac OS! Any ideas?

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Ok so I updated drivers in windows because the compatible wifi card I got wasn’t connecting to the internet in windows and I decided to update the other drivers and now I can’t get into Mojave at all. Need some help team Mac

Motherboard
HP Probook 640 G2
CPU
i5-6300U 2.5GHz
Graphics
HD520 1920x1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Ok so I updated drivers in windows because the compatible wifi card I got wasn’t connecting to the internet in windows and I decided to update the other drivers and now I can’t get into Mojave at all. Need some help team Mac
I'm guessing it's booting directly into Windows? During post, press F9 to bring up Boot Options and select Clover. If this works, you need re-configure your boot order.

Motherboard
HP Probook 640 G2
CPU
i5-6300U 2.5GHz
Graphics
HD520 1920x1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Edited previous post

Motherboard
GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I'm guessing it's booting directly into Windows? During post, press F9 to bring up Boot Options and select Clover. If this works, you need re-configure your boot order.
It actually boots into clover showing windows and Mojave. I go to windows and it works as normal, but when I go to Mojave it’ll show it’s loading then just restart.

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4440s-Clover
CPU
i5-3360M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
It actually boots into clover showing windows and Mojave. I go to windows and it works as normal, but when I go to Mojave it’ll show it’s loading then just restart.
If you copied your post-install and boot files from your USB, then you did it wrong, please follow Post #1 in its entirety.

Motherboard
GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
If you copied your post-install and boot files from your USB, then you did it wrong, please follow Post #1 in its entirety.
Round 3739191937 here I come.

Edit
So yeah after updating some drivers in windows things aren’t so friendly.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4440s-Clover
CPU
i5-3360M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Round 3739191937 here I come.

Edit
So yeah after updating some drivers in windows things aren’t so friendly.
Sounds like your priority is to get your hardware running without issues, and the only way to do that is to have Windows installed. So you have 2 roads to take:
  1. Install Windows with all predient drivers and stabilize your hardware
  2. Install Windows, and run diagnostics on all your hardware and see where your fault is and possibly replace if necessary.
Only until either of those roads are traversed will you be able to go through the steps necessary to install macOS on your hardware.

Motherboard
GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Sounds like your priority is to get your hardware running without issues, and the only way to do that is to have Windows installed. So you have 2 roads to take:
  1. Install Windows with all predient drivers and stabilize your hardware
  2. Install Windows, and run diagnostics on all your hardware and see where your fault is and possibly replace if necessary.
Only until either of those roads are traversed will you be able to go through the steps necessary to install macOS on your hardware.
All good that's fine. I'm now struggling with the post install.