Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my settings from the BIOS.
Thanks prabs99 for all the time you spend on providing the helpful pics!

I had to upgrade the bios to get the exact same features available and set them exactly as yours. I reinstalled Mojave, but even after using your EFI files..no change. For now, I put the blame on myself not to know enough about hackintosh and will have to dig it to figure out the issue. Headphones works fine when testing with Clover boot interface so MacOS is doing something when booting that prevents them to work.

Thanks prabs99 for all the time you spend on providing the helpful pics!

I had to upgrade the bios to get the exact same features available and set them exactly as yours. I reinstalled Mojave, but even after using your EFI files..no change. For now, I put the blame on myself not to know enough about hackintosh and will have to dig it to figure out the issue. Headphones works fine when testing with Clover boot interface so MacOS is doing something when booting that prevents them to work.
Where is it getting stuck?

Where is it getting stuck?

I am not getting headphones in my list of output. Right now, only speakers and HDMI sound outputs are available.

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 11.27.41 PM.png

Can you download Hackin tool (link below) and click on the Audio tab? The layout should be 21. See the second link for the aml file to placed in the clover/acpi/patched.

@RehabMan , Hi I have running Mojave on my Elitebook 450G3 with your method. All working well but only external Monitor over DP don't work. I don't where I should search, please can you give me any Tips.

Now I have used your latest version an Now Displayport is Running!

Thanks

Last edited:
Can you download Hackin tool (link below) and click on the Audio tab? The layout should be 21. See the second link for the aml file to placed in the clover/acpi/patched.

Yes, headphones works now! My layout was 3 and injecting 21 was not working when using Clover configurator. That aml file did the job. Thanks!!

Now regarding the wake up issue, it works when open it up the lid or using the power button. But nothing happens when using mouse or keyboard. There is also occasional reboot when using the power button or lid. It seems like the Mojave is not listening to the USB port when sleeping. Here are what I got when looking at Power config and USB devices in Hackintool.

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 6.32.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 6.32.32 PM.png

I will keep looking but let me know if you know how to solve this issue. I am using this laptop as a main computer (lid is closed all the time) for now so I wish it could work. Thanks.

I
Yes, headphones works now! My layout was 3 and injecting 21 was not working when using Clover configurator. That aml file did the job. Thanks!!

Now regarding the wake up issue, it works when open it up the lid or using the power button. But nothing happens when using mouse or keyboard. There is also occasional reboot when using the power button or lid. It seems like the Mojave is not listening to the USB port when sleeping. Here are what I got when looking at Power config and USB devices in Hackintool.

View attachment 421688View attachment 421687

I will keep looking but let me know if you know how to solve this issue. I am using this laptop as a main computer (lid is closed all the time) for now so I wish it could work. Thanks.

I am using the USBPorts.kext. Have you tried it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 20.36.11.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 20.36.11.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 20.35.57.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 20.35.57.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 83

My settings from Energy Saver

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 20.38.15.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 20.38.15.png
    115 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 20.38.10.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 20.38.10.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 69
My settings from Energy Saver
Make sure you disable "Wake for network access" as it has issues with the wifi patches therefore causing slow wifi speeds after waking.

As far as I know that's a limitation with hackintosh, not just with Mojave. You should also double check to make sure you are injecting your USB ports properly, and not just using USBInjectAll.kext blindingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back