Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone and thank you very much to @RehabMan for creating this guide.

I have managed to run an Elitebook 840 G3 and right now I have it connected to an HP Docking Station and everything works perfect, USB ports, Displayport output, etc.

I have a 27 "Apple Cinema display connected to the Docking and although the resolution detects it perfectly, I have the feeling that the graphics card has a hard time moving so much resolution.
In the BIOS I have allocated 64MB of memory for the graph, but I can still allocate more, up to 500MB. Although the truth, I do not notice much difference between both options. As far as I would like to know, and seeing other HP notebook configuration guides, all of them are assigned 64MB, and I don't know if it is possible to modify that configuration and have Hackintosh detect those 500MB.

Thanks and regards.

I’m new to Hackintosh. I’m have flowed this guide. Every work fine except this. Every time shutdown and restart it happen. Hopefully someone can help me
A99F699D-5805-4027-AE01-B404E7980DCC.jpeg

Hi.It's anybody here who have Netflix working on Safari? I am on Catalina last beta and Chrome / Firefox stable or nightly stopped working.

Hi.It's anybody here who have Netflix working on Safari? I am on Catalina last beta and Chrome / Firefox stable or nightly stopped working.
Hi, cant say nothing about Netflix.
How did you get Catalina working?
What is your laptop model?

I have a question regarding the guide. I have an ivy bridge processor and it says to follow the step below, but do I also follow the ACPI section or no?

If you have an older CPU (Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge), use the ssdtPRGen.sh script by Pike R. Alpha: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Instructions for using it are provided in the README.

The generated SSDT.aml should be placed on the EFI partition at /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml.

FYI to anyone updating Clover. From the looks of it the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi driver has been removed from the Clover installer. I missed this and had to manually add it back using windows. Also the new location for the drivers64 is now /Efi/Clover/drivers/UEFI. There is a text document in the old drivers64 folder location that says this same thing. I have attached it to this post. I downloaded the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi driver here. https://github.com/athlonreg/Clover_Build/blob/master/drivers64UEFI/AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

I have not tried any of the other Aptio fixes in clover yet.

Attachments

• README.txt
    337 bytes · Views: 90
Last edited:
And your trackpad is working fine on windows, right?
Hey, I'm thinking about getting either the 840 or 850 G5. What all is and isn't working on your build? I currently have the 850 G2, but I'm unsure of the extent to which this guide is compatible with the newer versions since everything is "experimental."

@RehabMan
Can you please help me for this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back