Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Motherboard
HP EliteBook 8470p
CPU
Intel Core i5 3210M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000 (1366x768)
Hi, I'm having an issue with booting the installer, where the installer takes forever (10mins-ish) to start, and then trackpad, trackpoint, and keyboard are all nonfunctional. I know this guide works for me because I have used it successfully before. I did check that I had VoodooPS2Controller installed, and I even redownloaded and replaced it in the Kexts/Other folder. I have tried both with and without the USBInjectAll kext.

Can anyone help?

Motherboard
H81M-D
CPU
G3260
Graphics
GT710
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I'm having an issue with booting the installer, where the installer takes forever (10mins-ish) to start, and then trackpad, trackpoint, and keyboard are all nonfunctional. I know this guide works for me because I have used it successfully before. I did check that I had VoodooPS2Controller installed, and I even redownloaded and replaced it in the Kexts/Other folder. I have tried both with and without the USBInjectAll kext.

Can anyone help?
Boot in verbose to find out what's causing the delay. To do that, on clover, press spacebar, tick the 'verbose', and there's another option to 'not restart in case of kernel panic'.

Motherboard
HP Probook G4 440-Clover
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620; 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Guys, whenever I keep my laptop on sleep for a long time(a day or two) it doesn't wake up and crashes without booting into mac(10.14.5). On restarting the OS it displays this error:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0xffffff800cbc9973): "A kext releasing a(n) IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport has corrupted the registry."@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-4903.261.4/libkern/c++/OSObject.cpp:215

I am attaching the detailed error report along with the problem reporting files. Also, I have the proper setting set in BIOS.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 42
Motherboard
HP 1993
CPU
i7-4702MQ
Graphics
HD 4600, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So i have successfully booted Mojave 10.14.5 on my HP Probook 640 G1 (6x0)
Specs:
Core i7-4702MQ
HD 4600, 1366x768
HDD 500GB
8GB RAM
Everything works fine except for single and double click on trackpad and battery icons disappears when enabling it.
For trackpad:
The single tap and double tap work on the log in screen but as soon as i enter my password and log in it doesn't. It only moves the cursor and only scroll gestures work. It also does show trackpad settings on system preferences.
I have tried forcing HFS+J on the hard disk still the same, and still happens on APFS too. VoodooPS2controller is installed too. I have attached my EFI/CLOVER folder
For battery icon:
It just reverts when i enable it in SysPref.

Thanks for you time!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 58
Motherboard
HP 1993
CPU
i7-4702MQ
Graphics
HD 4600, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
For trackpad:
The single tap and double tap work on the log in screen but as soon as i enter my password and log in it doesn't. It only moves the cursor and only scroll gestures work. It also does show trackpad settings on system preferences.
I have tried forcing HFS+J on the hard disk still the same, and still happens on APFS too. VoodooPS2controller is installed too.
[/QUOTE]

Ok so guys i think i have found the solution. Did some digging on github and found a trackpad.sh file that fixes the tap and gestures issues.
Link: https://github.com/boochtek/mac_config/blob/master/trackpad.sh To save right click on raw and choose save as or download link. To run the trackpad.sh: Right click>open with>other>utilities>terminal and open the script will run and complete, reboot and voila tap, tap and drag, three finger gestures, scrolling, etc. Note: If terminal is greyed out change Recommend apps to All Apps at the "Enable:" part

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4440s-Clover
CPU
i5-3360M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So i have successfully booted Mojave 10.14.5 on my HP Probook 640 G1 (6x0)
Specs:
Core i7-4702MQ
HD 4600, 1366x768
HDD 500GB
8GB RAM
Everything works fine except for single and double click on trackpad and battery icons disappears when enabling it.
For trackpad:
I have tried forcing HFS+J on the hard disk still the same, and still happens on APFS too. VoodooPS2controller is installed too. I have attached my EFI/CLOVER folder
For battery icon:
It just reverts when i enable it in SysPref.

Thanks for you time!
If you're using a conventional platter HDD (not a SSD), then you have to use HFS+J to get the battery to function properly, but if you absolutely have to use APFS on a HDD, then you need to add a boot flag argument to increase the delay of the battery subsystem kicking on before boot up to get the battery icon to function properly.

Motherboard
HP 1993
CPU
i7-4702MQ
Graphics
HD 4600, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
If you're using a conventional platter HDD (not a SSD), then you have to use HFS+J to get the battery to function properly, but if you absolutely have to use APFS on a HDD, then you need to add a boot flag argument to increase the delay of the battery subsystem kicking on before boot up to get the battery icon to function properly.

I'm on HFS+J on my HDD but I still have this problem. What boot flag exactly am I supposed to add to get this working? Any guides?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I successfully installed mojave on my HP 850 G2 everything works perfectly except sleep and shutdown

Info:
HP Elitebook 840 G2
Intel core i7-5600U
Intel HD 5500 1080*1920
Ram 8GB

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.2 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Motherboard
Z390 MAG Tomahawk
CPU
i5 9400F
Graphics
RX 570 8GB GTX 1660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I installed this once and it was working
but i messed up something and i didnt have backup
Now i tried this again and everything is working except battery status and trackpad
So any solution?

I have HP Probook 440 G4:
i5 7200U
upgraded to 16GB RAM
intel hd 620
latest bios