Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'm going to redo the whole thing following it step by step. What config_plist did you use? It seems the 850G5 has a UHD 620 but the GitHub repo only has UHD630 (config_UHD630.plist) files, the 620 one is only HD620 (config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist).

I guess it might be the UHD630 one as the 850 G5 has a CoffeeLake processor.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

That is the partition table. You need to create a partition with 'mac os extended journaled'(for HDD) or 'APFS'(for SSD). Then install the OS on that particular partition.
Yes I also always make it “mac os extended journaled”

Technically, running macOS is entirely unsupported on non-Apple branded hardware, correct? And I get that my setup isn't supported by the "official" guide here. Maybe we should have a guide for unsupported systems?
While that is indeed true my definition of unsupported is entirely mean't for this topic in mind, and the Laptop Compatibility thread on this forum. There are guides for unsupported systems, but they are very generic in nature and requires the person to have some knowledge of computer systems and the ability to diagnose and fix issues that arise.

I am struggling to get USB working since upgrading to 10.11 - works fine in 10.10

HP Probook 6450b
Core i5-520m
USB2
5GB RAM
Intel HD Arrandale Graphics

Tried a mix of using my DSDT and not, using USBInjectAll and not, using USBInject in Clover config and not, FixUSB in CloverConfig and not. Feel like I am missing something very obvious/easy, any ideas to help?
Please follow the guide in Post #1, and if need be check out the USB Customization section in Post #1.

I recently updated my BIOS and started facing some problems after updating, so I reset it to factory defaults. After the reset mac started crashing when kept on sleep(KP). So I decided to repair it using disk utility(I read somewhere that it might fix the problem). I wasn't sure how to get into safe mode so I used this command in terminal:

sudo nvram boot-args="-x"

After the reboot, instead of the apple logo it started showing a stop symbol. And from there I haven't been able to fix it. The installation flash drive also won't boot. It loads a little and then they system restarts.
I have set the BIOS settings back to the requirements of mac.
How can I fix this?
You will need to clear your nvram flags via 'sudo nvram -c', and then go into the clover menu and choose Safe Mode from the options, or add the -x variable manually to your boot-args inside Clover without clearing what is already there.

Furthermore, follow Post #1 if you have issues and provide Problem Reporting files which is also noted in Post #1

Thanks, I'm going to redo the whole thing following it step by step. What config_plist did you use? It seems the 850G5 has a UHD 620 but the GitHub repo only has UHD630 (config_UHD630.plist) files, the 620 one is only HD620 (config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist).

I guess it might be the UHD630 one as the 850 G5 has a CoffeeLake processor.
I used config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist.

What UEFI drivers should we be using? The ones listed in the Rehabman thread on creating the USB installation no longer correspond w/ newer versions of Clover.

What drivers dont match? The guide works great.

What UEFI drivers should we be using? The ones listed in the Rehabman thread on creating the USB installation no longer correspond w/ newer versions of Clover.

Are you using File vault 2? You can use my EFI folder. I posted it in another thread.

such as the ones under File Vault 2. Also, not clear as to the aptio drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back