Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

I followed this great guide to install Mojave on my EliteBook 820.
I installed macos on a 256GB TRANSCEND TS256GMTS400S (in m2 slot).
Everything went fine with APFS formatting and installation.
I booted a couple of time using the usb ket clover ant then selected the internall SSD from clover in order to complete the installation.
Then I installed clover and completed the post installation.

Everything was fine, but then at reboot, it doesn't boot anymore from both the EFI clover installation on SSD nor from the clover EFI SSD (which was perfectly working during the installation multiple reboots).

As soon as I select the local macos installation, I get 2/3 seconds apple logo screen and then reboot

any suggestion?
I tried the installation 2 times with same results

@RehabMan do you have any suggestion on how to fix / debug this?
I don't have any clue on how to solve it... coud it be related to the fact that the storage is a SSD m2?
(are there any ktext required?)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I tried installing my first macOS using this guide and after a lot of trouble I finally managed to boot into the macOS installer. After the installer finished and my machine rebooted and booted from USB again and selected boot macOS Mojave from the SSD, and at that point I'm stuck at the apple logo with a white loading bar, the bar will only move like a little bit and then it just stops. After waiting a long time the laptop will just reboot and I can just do the same again. I'm using a HP Elitebook 840 G4 (i7 version) and used the config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist config from here https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Booting wiht verbose logging I'm gonna be honest there is probably the issue somwhere in there but I don't really know what to search for since there are a lot of errors being thrown. I attached a picture can maybe someone point me in a direction here? I'm kind of lost.

IMG_1219.jpg

Thank you!

Hi RehabMan, i own a 450 G2 Broadwell PC with MacOs 10.11. All was working fine, then i updated with this command

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

and now, when i turn on my pc and i boot MacOs in clover, the screen becomes black and nothing more.
Unfortunately i can't attach any file because i can't access to my pc. How can i fix this problem?

Thank you for your reply.

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan, i own a 450 G2 Broadwell PC with MacOs 10.11. All was working fine, then i updated with this command

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

and now, when i turn on my pc and i boot MacOs in clover, the screen becomes black and nothing more.
Unfortunately i can't attach any file because i can't access to my pc. How can i fix this problem?

Thank you for your reply.

Maybe you forgot to run the script for your notebook model and copy the uptaded config.plist after those steps? If you manage to boot (try the usb installer), you should be able to fix it

Hi, guys
Anybody tried bcm94350zae with HP Elitebook? Does it works?
No, but I have it in my HP ProBook 450 G5 and it works. The most important thing about getting it working is to use Yosemite's IO80211Family.kext (the one from Mojave won't work with it). The most recent comment on the site you linked to is from me - I didn't know I could speak Portuguese ^_^ Apart from using that (replacing the one in SLE) you do not need to de anything complicated.

To get Bluetooth working properly, add:
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
into the EFI and do not use AirportBrcmFixup (that makes the Bluetooth mouse behave erratic and causes kernel panics, as far as I can tell).

Add
  • BT4LEContinuityFixup
to the EFI for continuity.

What works:
  • WiFi (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz)
  • AirDrop to/from iMac, MacBook Air and iPhone
  • copy & paste text to/from iPhone, iMac, ...
  • continuity in Safari across devices (but it seems slower to spot the ProBook webpages)
  • WiFi in Windows 10 (that came on a M.2, Mojave is on an SSD)
In the comment on AliExpress, I may have said I needed to tape over some pins. That turned out to be unnecessary after finding out about the Yosemite kext.

The BCM94350ZAE is a super WiFi card and really cheap too. I can recommend it.

Problem solved.

I installed Voodoo Clover and audio work on Probook 4740s.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 8.36.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 8.36.13 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
Dear Mr. Rehabman,
updated my copies from the patch repository, and re-patched DSDT/SSDT with the updates.
And then updated the system to 10.14.4 and lost audio!
I also changed as before layout id to 13.
I think I messed something up with Apple HDA (tried an older version and changed it again with one from Mojave) and I am not sure if I need Apple ALC in L/E?
I can't get audio work.

Installed on Elitebook 840 G4 working better than Windows minus the WIFI. Now using the USB dongle from TP LINK and it is my daily portable driver.
I have ordered a replacement card and will report once it is here.
I'm thinking of getting the same laptop, does everything work, or are there certain things that don't? (like SD slot, webcam, etc)

Was it easy to get the install working, and how many non-apple kexts are actually needed?

Just trying to gauge how survivable stuff is between system updates and how well the laptop works as a hackintosh overall.

Ideally, I'd like a laptop that functions flawlessly as a hackintosh with all the hardware working.

I'm thinking of getting the same laptop, does everything work, or are there certain things that don't? (like SD slot, webcam, etc)

Was it easy to get the install working, and how many non-apple kexts are actually needed?

Just trying to gauge how survivable stuff is between system updates and how well the laptop works as a hackintosh overall.

Ideally, I'd like a laptop that functions flawlessly as a hackintosh with all the hardware working.

The only flawlessly working osx laptops are MacBooks. I have been using elitebooks as hackintoshs for some time, and thanks to this rehabman guide, theyre very reliable. Recently I have an elitebook g5 which isnt officialy supported, but works well (no sd card, no finger print). I also have an elitebook G3 working fine, easier install

Dear Mr. Rehabman,
updated my copies from the patch repository, and re-patched DSDT/SSDT with the updates.
And then updated the system to 10.14.4 and lost audio!
I also changed as before layout id to 13.
I think I messed something up with Apple HDA (tried an older version and changed it again with one from Mojave) and I am not sure if I need Apple ALC in L/E?
I can't get audio work.
Solved: in layout id I wrote 0x0D which is 13. Made the mistake to use the decimal in layout id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back