Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case what happened is not specific to my system / configuration: Warning to anyone trying to follow the System updates and Updates to the patch repositories instructions. I followed them with the result that most of my required ACPI patches got removed from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and a bunch of irrelevant kexts copied to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other making my system dysfunctional.

Anyone have a clue why this happened? It's been a while since i fiddled with this specific computer so the install procedure is not in memory. I went through the instructions trying to find a part where the missing ACPI patches should be installed, but didn't find it and came to the conclusion that it should be done by the scripts, but the script only copies a few of those leaving out many that are required for my system (ProBook 4730s / 1600x900 screen).

I'm simply trying to at last update my 10.12.3 to 10.12.6, but now i'm hesitant to do it since seems the procedure for updating isn't working. Any advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back