Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked at the guide to start the post install list for mac osx 10.13.6 - its a long list.

noob advice - step 1. download all the kexts and apps tools listed in the guide, step 2 then read the guide.

@RehabMan , anyone else, about how much time did it take for experts like Rehabman and others, and noobs, to go from start to finish - 90% of post install list. Expert within 24 hours? noob about 3-4 weeks?

This guide has moved to the Mojave Laptop Guides forum:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/

If you're installing 10.13.x, read the guide there, but reply with issues here.
For 10.14 issues, please reply at the guide thread in the Mojave forum.

@RehabMan , anyone else, about how much time did it take for experts like Rehabman and others, and noobs, to go from start to finish - 90% of post install list. Expert within 24 hours? noob about 3-4 weeks?

Not sure I understand your question.

I would install SSD in main SATA bay.
Fresh install or clone, either will work, your choice.

Clonned Mojave install to new SSD on main SATA bay...man, it flies!!!! It´s so fast, i don´t know how i´ve put up with the slowness i had before so much time.

Old disk is now on the DVD bay, with the old windows install..i will keep the 2 OSs separated

hello
i installed (fresh install not upgrade) High Sierra with Clover hot patch guide, all is working but Display Port (was working on El Captain with ProBook Installer).. Tried to apply patch from El Captain but no results. Can someone help me?

attached the nedeed files.

Thanx

Attachments

• debug_9614.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
hello
i installed (fresh install not upgrade) High Sierra with Clover hot patch guide, all is working but Display Port (was working on El Captain with ProBook Installer).. Tried to apply patch from El Captain but no results. Can someone help me?

attached the nedeed files.

Thanx

Try setting the the framebuffer-con2-enable and framebuffer-con3-enable to 0.
You will see them in config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) section.
Make sure you remove the incorrect KextsToPatch entries you added.

Reply with PR files.

how much time does it take for you to do a fresh build, including time to do the post-install stuff

You mean if you were to install from erased disk?
It depends a lot on how fast your SSD is (SSD vs. HDD).

Try setting the the framebuffer-con2-enable and framebuffer-con3-enable to 0.
You will see them in config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) section.
Make sure you remove the incorrect KextsToPatch entries you added.

Reply with PR files.

i removed incorrect KextToPatch and modified PciRoot as u suggested... work perfect..

Attachments

• debug_18304.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back