Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having trouble enabling my wifi, I've tried firs to install Mojave and wifi wasn't detected at all, then I went back to High Sierra as it was working before but same thing happened, then tried on Windows and it was working fine. now after did kextcache it appeared but I can't enable it.

please help, tell if it's support on Mojave as well.

Attachments

• problem_reporting_files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 5.12.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 5.12.46 PM.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 5.13.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 5.13.21 PM.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 71
I installed your recommended version of clover. Rebuilt the cache, restarted nothing happened. Force shutdown(pressing power button for 5 sec), turned on and brightness controls were working. The same thing happened before. Now that the brightness controls are working would you look at the files? Seems like patching is done alright. I dont know a thing about patching, so it will be a hassle doing it all myself.

With brightness controls working, no need to patch EDID.

P.S. Why prefer RehabMan build over regular latest clover?

Because there is a bug I fixed that they still haven't integrated the fix properly...

Having trouble enabling my wifi, I've tried firs to install Mojave and wifi wasn't detected at all, then I went back to High Sierra as it was working before but same thing happened, then tried on Windows and it was working fine. now after did kextcache it appeared but I can't enable it.

please help, tell if it's support on Mojave as well.

Your configuration looks ok.

Did you try EC reset?
Did you try resetting network interfaces? (see FAQ).

Note: You forgot to disable hibernation.

With brightness controls working, no need to patch EDID.

Because there is a bug I fixed that they still haven't integrated the fix properly...
I restarted my laptop and the brightness controls are gone again? I am not getting this....

Attachments

• debug_11463.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
I restarted my laptop and the brightness controls are gone again? I am not getting this....

This ioreg shows it is working. Are you certain this ioreg was captured with brightness controls unavailable in SysPrefs->Displays?

Why do you have AptioMemoryFix.efi... As far as I remember, in my Clover build it is installed as AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
You forgot to press F2 and F4 before collecting EFI/Clover (please read FAQ, problem reporting).

I Still Got Error
FYI if I used AptionMemoryFix-64 I got error prelinked kernel..when I removed it, and replace it to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi it boot fine..but I got kernel panic at ACPI Smart Battery.

Attachments

• For Rehabman.zip
    15.2 MB · Views: 69
This ioreg shows it is working. Are you certain this ioreg was captured with brightness controls unavailable in SysPrefs->Displays?
I am sure.One thing, i dunno if it will help but, when I force restart by pressing power button for a time, sometimes brightness works...but upon restarting it stops working. I am really frustrated...

HP 4530s, 10.13.6.
Trying to update kexts and patches, ran commands as described in "Major update" section of the guide.
And having this:

installing kexts/AppleBacklightInjector.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing kexts/SATA-unsupported.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing kexts/XHCI-300-series-injector.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing kexts/HSSDBlockStorage.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing kexts/JMB38X.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing kexts/JMicronATA.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing kexts/ProBookAtheros.kext to /Library/Extensions
Creating AppleHDA_ProBook_Resources (zml.zlib files)...Cannot parse a NULL or zero-length data
Error Reading File: /tmp/rm_Platforms.plist
Cannot parse a NULL or zero-length data
Error Reading File: /tmp/rm_Platforms.plist
Done
usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvXc] source_file target_file
cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvXc] source_file ... target_directory
tag: The file “AppleHDA.kext” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

As there is no AppleHDA kext - I got no sound. Never had such an error before, is there a way to fix it?

Last edited:
No problem reporting files attached.

But your mistake is obvious. You're misspelling uia_exclude. The option is 'uia_exclude' not '-uia_exclude'.

Problem Reporting files

Attachments

• debug_7115_ui_exclude=HS06.zip
    2 MB · Views: 58
  • debug_8972_uia_exclude=HP11.zip
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • debug_23199_uia_exclude_hs.zip
    2 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back