Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, RahabMan! Finally I got my Atheros Wifi working! With this kext and
sudo cp -R AirPortAtheros40.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns

With kextcache rebuilding and rebooting after!

Attachments

• AirPortAtheros40.kext
    0 bytes · Views: 98
Last edited:
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Of Course I can't Attached "Problem Reporting" because I can't enter to desktop and login screen..
I have try using Safe mode,usekernelcache=no, -f

I only seen "IOLockscreen gstate etc" again again again and again

Of Course I can't Attached "Problem Reporting" because I can't enter to desktop and login screen..
I have try using Safe mode,usekernelcache=no, -f

I only seen "IOLockscreen gstate etc" again again again and again

You should:
- attempt boot normally (don't forget to press F2 and F4)
- boot using your Clover USB
- collect PR files with gen_debug.sh

You should:
- attempt boot normally (don't forget to press F2 and F4)
- boot using your Clover USB
- collect PR files with gen_debug.sh
I already create High Sierra 10.13.6 USB with clover setting for elitebook 8470p (config.plist for El Capitan I Think). the result is same.

how to collect PR Files with gen_debug.sh ?
thank you

I don't understand this kernel flag uia_exclude. Should I just put "uia_exclude" in the argument?
If not then Please Help me How to use it properly to disable my internal BT controller.

One more question! I have triple boot system: Ubuntu, Windows 10 and macOS. Some times macOS failed to boot. Booting stops at the begging when apple appears and before progressbar and safe mode with -v option stops on +++++++++++++++++++

More often after reboting from Ubuntu. Helps only booting into Windows and back to macOS. Sometimes macOS boot without issuies... It is very random... Is it happens because I install bootloaders (grub, bootmgr and clover) on ESP or maybe apfs.efi doesn't load correctly? How can I fix macOS boot?

Last edited:
my brightness control is not working. It worked once after many restarts, once i restarted again, it didnt work since then. I tried rebuilding kext cache and permissions using kext wizard. I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave

Attachments

• debug_12746.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back