Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• debug_578.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
Your kextstat output in kextstat_all_log.txt proves you did not install the AppleALC.kext attached to post #1.

It shows:
21 0 0xffffff7f81547000 0xd3000 0xd3000 as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.3.2)

The version attached to post #1 is AppleALC 1.3.3d1.

Installing kexts is covered in the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks !! It's working now !!! (previously i added AppleALC.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other)

Sorry for dumb questions but i have another one question:

why some kexts should be placed in "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other" and some in "/Library/Extensions" ?

Thanks !! It's working now !!! (previously i added AppleALC.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other)

Sorry for dumb questions but i have another one question:

why some kexts should be placed in "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other" and some in "/Library/Extensions" ?

Kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other are used to boot the installer or recovery (where kext injection is needed).
Kexts in /L/E are used when booting your main partition (where kext injection is not needed).

@RehabMan, your guide is awesome! Mojave works without any problem on 440 G5 (Using with applealc branch). The only thing that it's not working it's brightness (and the trackpad's right click but I suppose this is happening because I didn't choose i2c branch). What files do you need to provide you to fix the brightness?

*I made a clean Mojave install and after that I used your guide, I didn't make any changes.
I uploaded ioreg.

Your ioreg shows brightness control working.
What do you see in SysPrefs->Displays?

Oh, it's working now. Yesterday wasn't working. So weird...
Thank you :)

Oh, it's working now. Yesterday wasn't working. So weird...
Thank you :)

Probably a kernel cache rebuild kicked in. After initial setup and major upgrades and a few other scenarios, must rebuild cache and reboot for Clover's KextsToPatch to work.

So, I have a question about Mojave for the 8460p? Could one usr the .plist for the 8470p to enable the install of Mojave with the in-place upgrade. Then go back to the .plist for the 8460p once Mojave is installed? I ask if it would be possible because I did a full clone of my 8470p to another SSD with the .plist for the 8470p in place as well on the EFI partition (absent mindedly) and it was able to run as the 8470p and the 8460p are quite similar enough that it worked. It was a touch slower but I think it would work well enough to allow the install of Mojave.

Thoughts or concerns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back