Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, rehabman, after testing, I confirmed that the 840g3 sound CX20724 appalc layout-id should use 13 to make the speaker and headphones work normally. If the layout-id=3 is used, the speaker works normally and the headphone output will not work.

OK and thanks for testing and providing feedback. Changed CX20724 to layout-id=13.

Latest version of VoodooPS2 panic on my 1030 g1...

Looks to be caused by new HID notification code (added for interop with VoodooI2C) added by the-darkvoid...

Try the version attached.

Attachments

• RehabMan-Voodoo-2018-0928.zip
    199.5 KB · Views: 39
You forgot to update your config.plist (read post #1, "Final config.plist"), and ACPI (install_acpi.sh).
I will do that and update on the results. Thank you for your help!

Compare to master branch.

I will.

Is your performance in sourceforge Clover ok? (as far as arrowing around in the GUI).
I held back from latest Clover svn, as I had issues with performance past v4658.
I will look into updating my build if that has been fixed...

Yes, the performance is ok with sourceforge Clover.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 56
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

You're trying to use the applealc branch (AppleALC.kext is installed). But you're using a config.plist from prior to Mojave support being added, and you're not using config.plist from the applealc branch.

You have two choices:
- switch to current master branch, delete AppleALC.kext from /L/E, follow all post #1 post-install instructions
- switch to current applealc branch, follow all post #1 post-install instructions, install AppleALC.kext attached to post #1

You forgot to update your config.plist (read post #1, "Final config.plist"), and ACPI (install_acpi.sh).
Updated the ACPI first and then the .plist per the guide post #1. I now have sound again. What I do find odd is how I was able to do the in-place upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra and nothing had to be updated. The only time I had issues was when running the incremental updates 10.13 to 10.13.1 etc. and I lost network and audio, re-installing the .kexts from the terminal usually resolved the issue. Should updating the ACPI and .plist file be updated as well when doing an update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back