Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I get it right that HP Probook 4530s is no longer supported due to its HD3000 video chip and even with the community patch no Mojave installation is possible? Or this can be somehow implemented via RehabMan repository?

I will not be supporting HD3000 laptops on Mojave in this thread or in my guide.
Apple dropped support for it in Mojave, and I'm not going to fight it.

I will try to remember to make a note of it when I move the guide to the Mojave laptop guide forum.

I will not be supporting HD3000 laptops on Mojave in this thread or in my guide.
Now that you're adding Mojave support, if we still want to install High Sierra on older laptops like the 4530s, do we have to revert to some older version of the repository, or is the newest commit still fine?

Now that you're adding Mojave support, if we still want to install High Sierra on older laptops like the 4530s, do we have to revert to some older version of the repository, or is the newest commit still fine?

You can use the latest repo with the 4530s on older macOS/OS X.
You can even use the 'applealc' branch (eventually, I will be transitioning to AppleALC in the master branch too).
AppleALC.kext claims to be compatible with down to 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
I have tested down to 10.10.

For earlier than that, you'd have to revert all kinds of things
(maybe even Clover... noticing that current Clover cannot boot Snow Leopard 10.6.8 anymore)

FYI: Just merged beta_weg into master.

Upgraded to Mojave, and all working fine except no audio. Followed the procedure using beta_weg and still no audio. Tried everything i can think of but no joy. Any ideas?

Attachments

• debug_12031.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 52
Upgraded to Mojave, and all working fine except no audio. Followed the procedure using beta_weg and still no audio. Tried everything i can think of but no joy. Any ideas?

ioreg is missing. Please attach.
And you're not using the correct version of Clover (use RehabMan build, latest version).

Don't forget the need to boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot.

Thanks RehabMan.

ioreg should be attached now.

Changed clover to latest version, RehabMan build. Booted without caches, rebuilt cache and then rebooted twice.

Still no audio!

Attachments

• debug_14412.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 56
Thanks RehabMan.

ioreg should be attached now.

Changed clover to latest version, RehabMan build. Booted without caches, rebuilt cache and then rebooted twice.

Still no audio!

You seem to be using the 'applealc' branch.
As I mentioned above, for the 4540s, you need an updated AppleALC.kext with a fix I made...
I have submitted a pull request to AppleALC project.
Until then, you need to build it from sources. Look at my github for the fixed sources.

Hey Rehabman, Can look into this issue I am having.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 9.25.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 9.25.15 PM.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 82
Hi Rehabman,
update to Mojave broke audio on my ZBook G1.
No idea how to fix it.
Used special branch 'applealc'. Boot without caches and rebuild with "sudo kextcache -I /".
Newest clover.
Pl. help.

Attachments

• debug_12257.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
Hi Rehabman,
update to Mojave broke audio on my ZBook G1.
No idea how to fix it.
Used special branch 'applealc'. Boot without caches and rebuild with "sudo kextcache -I /".
Newest clover.
Pl. help.

No ioreg in your debug zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back