Not open for further replies.
mac os 10.4 now available on store
please post guide for mac os 10.14 @RehabMan

mac os 10.4 now available on store
please post guide for mac os 10.14 @RehabMan

It is in post #1.
Use at least the 'beta' branch.
Better yet, use 'beta_weg'.
And if you want cutting edge, use 'applealc' branch.

Mojave requires the beta branch (as is clearly stated in post #1).
You're not using it.
Ok i've try with beta branch now. with i2c trackpad stop working, and with beta branch audio not work as same.

Attachments

• debug_24943.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I tried beta branch too. In official Mojave on my Elitebook everything works good except audio.

HP Elitebook 840 G4

Ok i've try with beta branch now. with i2c trackpad stop working, and with beta branch audio not work as same.

You forgot to update your config.plist. Please read post #1 again. Carefully...
(especially section "Final config.plist").

Newby question :) Do I have to clone the repo again after I switched to the beta branch? Or just do what is described under "updating the repo"? I switches, updated repo and did all descripte in "major upgrades" steps.

Audio is working, but I lost WiFi after upgrade. I use a HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS (582564-002)

Will collect troubelshooting files this evening and attach it.

Thanks.

Newby question :) Do I have to clone the repo again after I switched to the beta branch? Or just do what is described under "updating the repo"? I switches, updated repo and did all descripte in "major upgrades" steps.

You just update the repo and switch.
Typical git:
Code:
git pull
git checkout beta_weg

The beta_weg branch will become master very soon...

There is also the applealc branch, if you want to test a setup using AppleALC.kext instead of patched AppleHDA/CodecCommander.

Audio is working, but I lost WiFi after upgrade. I use a HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS (582564-002)

Perhaps you forgot to run download.sh and install_downloads.sh from the beta_weg branch.
I have no plans to update the WiFi patching in the beta/master branches.
Must use at least beta_weg for that WiFi hardware.

I used the beta_weg, as this was described in one of your posts. As everything else is fine I will not switch to applealc branch. With Audio Problem I am familia :)

What I did:

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
git checkout beta_weg
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh
./install_acpi.sh install_8x70_hires

and I also used new config.plist and just added my SMBIOS informations. Also tried Hard Reset (unplugg battery and power and pressed powerbutton 30secs). I have something in mind fixing that by setting BIOS to defaults somewhen in past for another Probook. Will try that also.

Update: Working now. All fine, sound and WLAN. Propably I mixed the order of the git commands :)

No idea what I would do without RehabMan, this thread and his excellent work on the hotpatch stuff !!!!!!

Last edited:
Did I get it right that HP Probook 4530s is no longer supported due to its HD3000 video chip and even with the community patch no Mojave installation is possible? Or this can be somehow implemented via RehabMan repository?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back