Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan, Thanks for providing a great support for HP Probook laptop. I have been running 10.11.2 since 2016 then updated to 10.11.6 never have any problem for my 3 of 4540s. now clean install 10.12.6 for first laptop, then try clean install 10.13.6 second one, the hotpatch is amazing working like magic. I just finished install 2 laptop but they have same system serial number by running hotpatch and generate config file. Is the a problem? I remember "PBI-CE" installer will generate difference serial number.

Hi RehabMan, Thanks for providing a great support for HP Probook laptop. I have been running 10.11.2 since 2016 then updated to 10.11.6 never have any problem for my 3 of 4540s. now clean install 10.12.6 for first laptop, then try clean install 10.13.6 second one, the hotpatch is amazing working like magic. I just finished install 2 laptop but they have same system serial number by running hotpatch and generate config file. Is the a problem? I remember "PBI-CE" installer will generate difference serial number.

My guide/repo does not generate a serial# for you at all. The serial is something you determine by config.plist/SMBIOS or smbios.plist/SMBIOS content.

Hello all. Realized that pressing multiple keys at once on the Probook 450 g5 doesnt work in some combinations. EG pressing W+S+E works, but not W+S+A or +D. This also applies to other combinations. And behaviour is the same on win10 as on 10.13.6 on this hackintosh. What do you think, hardware-error aka keyboard-firmware? Have you ever seen something like this?

This can easily be tested, eg in the Browser where you goto the URL window and just press and hold W, while holding W press S, while holding W+S additionally press A. If wondering why this might be troublesome - some ppl use the Keyboard as Piano-keys to Play chords = mult. keys at once.

Thank you all for feedback!

Hello all. Realized that pressing multiple keys at once on the Probook 450 g5 doesnt work in some combinations. EG pressing W+S+E works, but not W+S+A or +D. This also applies to other combinations. And behaviour is the same on win10 as on 10.13.6 on this hackintosh. What do you think, hardware-error aka keyboard-firmware? Have you ever seen something like this?

Very common hardware quirk/limitation.

Very common hardware quirk/limitation.
So you think it has to do with anti-ghosting, cheap/Partial NKRO? So sending the probook to hp for repair wont help unless they build in a new keyboard version? Wonder if hp service would communicate at all the keyboard version they currently build in... i rather feel like not sending it in for „repair“ as their Service Hotline suggested in the phone.

So you think it has to do with anti-ghosting, cheap/Partial NKRO? So sending the probook to hp for repair wont help unless they build in a new keyboard version? Wonder if hp service would communicate at all the keyboard version they currently build in... i rather feel like not sending it in for „repair“ as their Service Hotline suggested in the phone.

It has to do with the way the hardware works (scans for keys). I'm not a hardware engineer, so I don't understand why such a design was chosen.

Your keyboard is not defective; it is working as designed.

It has to do with the way the hardware works (scans for keys). I'm not a hardware engineer, so I don't understand why such a design was chosen.

Your keyboard is not defective; it is working as designed.

Thanks RehabMan!

Kind regards!

My guide/repo does not generate a serial# for you at all. The serial is something you determine by config.plist/SMBIOS or smbios.plist/SMBIOS content.
Thanks, I just want to make sure if I am following it right.

Hi RehabMan, tonight i've update to mojave. Everything seems to work perfectly except for audio. Curiously HDMI output and HDMI Audio output work! :(
Help me please

Attachments

• debug_27652.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
Hi RehabMan, tonight i've update to mojave. Everything seems to work perfectly except for audio. Curiously HDMI output and HDMI Audio output work! :(
Help me please

Mojave requires the beta branch (as is clearly stated in post #1).
You're not using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back