Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shuld wait till he fixes his sources.

I will probably revert everything back and re-apply my commits based on r4658.
Then upload a new build and remove the one I uploaded.

I will probably revert everything back and re-apply my commits based on r4658.
Then upload a new build and remove the one I uploaded.

Done.

Wrong.
Using WhateverGreen instead of IntelGraphicsFixup is not that complex.
Simple matter of removing IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and installing WhateverGreen.kext.
Truly taking advantage of the new framebuffer patching features in WhateverGreen is an optional step.

In theory, Shiki is built-in to WhateverGreen.

I just forgot about IntelGraphicsFixup. I was always looking into Clover's kexts folder. noobie mistake

I just forgot about IntelGraphicsFixup. I was always looking into Clover's kexts folder. noobie mistake

Changes required both in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and in /Library/Extensions.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 62
  • Nathan’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    8.2 MB · Views: 69
  • RehabMan.zip
    56.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Terminal Saved Output.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 88
Random question:

Why do you use CodecCommander instead of AppleALC which can use native AppleHDA ?

Just asking for curiosity :D

Random question:

Why do you use CodecCommander instead of AppleALC which can use native AppleHDA ?

Just asking for curiosity :D

We are using "patched" AppleHDA.
It is just as native as patching AppleHDA with AppleALC (no such thing as native AppleHDA on hacks... always requires patching).

I think you're just confused as to how AppleALC works (it actually is still patching AppleHDA).

For the future, I will look at using AppleALC (it may help with intermittent disappearing audio), but only after I have time to integrate the required codec data and test.

Compatible List - Wireless WIFI Bluetooth BT / half-mini PCIe, and Elitebook G1 / September 2018

Hi

I have read the old and updated guides, some questions for a stable 10.11.x or 10.13.x with HFS+ only.

For other laptops (including Elitebook?) why is the AR5B195 not recommended? It's quick and easy for me to get at low cost locally. Sorry if its been answered in other posts.
What works?
What doesn't work?

BCM94360HMB/AzureWave AW-CB160H
- I will skip this because requires installing extra antenna cable in the screen monitor unit, teardown rebuild process looks complicated
- is the actual wifi speeds truly that fast? maybe future upgrade option.

BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H supports Airport and BT4LE (some sellers listings online say this card not compatible with HP and lenovo!?)

BCM943224 HMB supports Airport and BT3

(edit - added 2 to list below)

AR5B195 (not recommended), WIFI+BT

BCM43225HMB / BCM4352HMB (better OS X feature support)
BCM943225HMB and BCM43225HMB same or completely different?

Off topic.
If ram is increased from 4gb to 8gb after install and regular daily use 10.11.x or 10.13.x, is a fresh install recommeded ? (backup/restore affected? - Time Machine)

Thank you everyone

• Half mini: BCM94360HMB/AzureWave AW-CB160H - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE

• Half mini: BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE

• Half mini: BCM943224 HMB - native WiFi and BT3

From #1

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

WiFi + BT

• BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H supports Airport and BT4LE
    • BCM943224 HMB supports Airport and BT3

And

Compatible WiFi
Here is the list of recommended compatible wifi cards:
- Other laptop:
WIFI+BT: AR5B195 (not recommended),

Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB (better OS X feature support)

Further information regarding OS X compatible WiFi is in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

The patch provided for 5ghz (BCM94352HMB) is specific to US/FCC (North America). If you reside in another part of the world, the patch (by @the-darkvoid) must be customized for your country code. Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

For those laptops with half-mini PCIe, BCM94360HMB is also a good option, but you will likely need to route new/additional antennas as this card uses (3) smaller coax connectors than most half-mini PCIe WiFi cards. The advantage is that it is recognized natively and no 5ghz patch is needed (AirPort branding still provided by FakePCIID).

Last edited:
For other laptops (including Elitebook?) why is the AR5B195 not recommended?
More complete functionality with Broadcom.
And AR5B195 has no 5ghz radio, so is slow.

If ram is increased from 4gb to 8gb after install and regular daily use 10.11.x or 10.13.x, is a fresh install recommeded ?
No need for a re-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back