Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm not sure I follow what you're saying here. Are you saying I should replace the rc scripts with the new ones even if they were already there? Or is this relating to the .efi files? Thanks

Any change you make you must upload new PR files.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I've swapped to AptioMemoryFix.efi and removed OsxAptioFix*.efi, I did not see EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. I believe the rc.d scripts were already there when I looked, are these the proper ones?

/private/etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local

/private/etc/rc.boot.d/10.save_and_rotate_boot_log.local
/private/etc/rc.boot.d/20.mount_ESP.local
/private/etc/rc.boot.d/70.disable_sleep_proxy_client.local

/private/etc/rc.clover.lib

Thanks

Any change you make you must upload new PR files.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Ahh okay. Attached. Thanks

Attachments

• debug_26981.zip
    3 MB · Views: 65
But what is the current issue/problem/bug?
Everything's working fine. You had told me to add new PR files after my post quoted below:

I've swapped to AptioMemoryFix.efi and removed OsxAptioFix*.efi, I did not see EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. I believe the rc.d scripts were already there when I looked, are these the proper ones?

/private/etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local

/private/etc/rc.boot.d/10.save_and_rotate_boot_log.local
/private/etc/rc.boot.d/20.mount_ESP.local
/private/etc/rc.boot.d/70.disable_sleep_proxy_client.local

/private/etc/rc.clover.lib

Thanks

Thanks

Everything's working fine. You had told me to add new PR files after my post quoted below:

Thanks

It was not clear from that post that your problem was resolved, hence the request for updated files and problem description.

Thanks for the clarification.

@RehabMan

Do you use your ProBook 4540s on battery ? Did you experienced any unusual drops in the capacity like from 4600 mAh to 2700 mAh ?

Okay so...my ProBook just turned off, the battery was dead like 0 % (the notebook battery status started blinking like orange it's dead, I plugged in, turned on and at about 44 % i just pluggled the AC and the % jumped to 100 % and shows 2701 mAh full capacity, the battery is new (now has about 32 cycles).. every time showed about 4600 mAh and now it's pretty dead. It's a ACPIBattery bug or is my battery really bad ?

I unplugged the AC and now showed 67 % with full capacity of 4500 mAh..

If it's a battery problem that would be easy fix since I have warranty 12 months.

debug files are attached.

Attachments

• debug_28167.zip
    2 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
@RehabMan

Do you use your ProBook 4540s on battery ? Did you experienced any unusual drops in the capacity like from 4600 mAh to 2700 mAh ?

Okay so...my ProBook just turned off, the battery was dead like 0 % (the notebook battery status started blinking like orange it's dead, I plugged in, turned on and at about 44 % i just pluggled the AC and the % jumped to 100 % and shows 2701 mAh full capacity, the battery is new (now has about 32 cycles).. every time showed about 4600 mAh and now it's pretty dead. It's a ACPIBattery bug or is my battery really bad ?

I unplugged the AC and now showed 67 % with full capacity of 4500 mAh..

If it's a battery problem that would be easy fix since I have warranty 12 months.

debug files are attached.

Make sure BIOS is up-to-date and you have done an EC reset.

Hi,only get reboot,had a working installation last year on my 4530s...

High Sierra,newest clover,usbcreateinstallmedia method

Make sure BIOS is up-to-date and you have done an EC reset.

I did when you first said. I was asking if you had these issues

The BIOS is up to date. Has F67.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back