Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover missing)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sorry, looks like the tool failed to grab the EFI portion. It doesn't seem to mount with your mount_efi.sh script either, I have to do it manually as root. Attached.

Attachments

• clover.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
On Mojave I saw on the forum that handoff works better:

"On macOS Mojave it seems that all of these features are working way better than they did on High Sierra, for example on my AzureWave AW C-123H (BCM94352HMB) - Lenovo B570e : all of these features are working perfect like they were on a real macbook/mac with the exception of Instant hotspot.
Similar result have been shown also on DW1560 (BCM94352Z) card. YMMV."

Maybe just upgrading solves the problem.

Maybe... I plan to experiment a bit on my Lenovo u430 soon.

Anyway, it's not a big deal and I really apreciate your hard work. I will donate in the near future if you have a paypal link or something :D

Some people send thanks to my email as mentioned on my github.

Sorry, looks like the tool failed to grab the EFI portion. It doesn't seem to mount with your mount_efi.sh script either, I have to do it manually as root.

Keep in mind mount_efi.sh requires sudo due to changes in the latest macOS 10.13 security update (diskutil mount now requires sudo to mount EFI, where it didn't in prior versions).

I will be updating the script itself for Mojave to do it automatically.
The author of gen_debug.sh will probably have to do the same.

Attached.

Recovery partition is hidden... you must press F3 (might want to read Clover documentation).

This configuration looks ok (a cursory check). You should check that your BIOS is up-to-date (as per post #1).

Note: Guide recommends AptioMemoryFix.efi over OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Keep in mind mount_efi.sh requires sudo due to changes in the latest macOS 10.13 security update (diskutil mount now requires sudo to mount EFI, where it didn't in prior versions).

I will be updating the script itself for Mojave to do it automatically.
The author of gen_debug.sh will probably have to do the same.

Recovery partition is hidden... you must press F3 (might want to read Clover documentation).

This configuration looks ok (a cursory check). You should check that your BIOS is up-to-date (as per post #1).

Note: Guide recommends AptioMemoryFix.efi over OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Ahh okay that's why the scripts weren't working. I have no idea what issues went on during the install process, but once I was able to finally get it to boot in safe mode and install from your repo everything worked great as usual.

I didn't even realize you could hide the recovery partition, whoops!

I believe I was trying OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi since I was having issues and trying to see what would let me boot, but I will switch back to the recommended and give it a shot.

Thanks again

Ahh okay that's why the scripts weren't working. I have no idea what issues went on during the install process, but once I was able to finally get it to boot in safe mode and install from your repo everything worked great as usual.

I didn't even realize you could hide the recovery partition, whoops!

I believe I was trying OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi since I was having issues and trying to see what would let me boot, but I will switch back to the recommended and give it a shot.

Thanks again

You should install "RC scripts" in any case, but if you use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, the "RC scripts" are actually required to get NVRAM working.

You should install "RC scripts" in any case, but if you use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, the "RC scripts" are actually required to get NVRAM working.

I've swapped to AptioMemoryFix.efi and removed OsxAptioFix*.efi, I did not see EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. I believe the rc.d scripts were already there when I looked, are these the proper ones?

/private/etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local

/private/etc/rc.boot.d/10.save_and_rotate_boot_log.local
/private/etc/rc.boot.d/20.mount_ESP.local
/private/etc/rc.boot.d/70.disable_sleep_proxy_client.local

/private/etc/rc.clover.lib

Thanks

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Sorry for the late replying RehabMan! Busy at work these days. Please find attached files for your kind review again. Kext loaded but audio still not active. Also, please have a look screenshot. Thanks

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot 2018-09-12 at 22.07.40.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-12 at 22.07.40.png
    135 KB · Views: 60
I've swapped to AptioMemoryFix.efi and removed OsxAptioFix*.efi, I did not see EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Any change requires updated PR files.

Sorry for the late replying RehabMan! Busy at work these days. Please find attached files for your kind review again. Kext loaded but audio still not active. Also, please have a look screenshot. Thanks

You didn't install the latest 'beta' ACPI files with beta copy of github project, beta copy of install_acpi.sh.

Any change requires updated PR files.
Sorry, I'm not sure I follow what you're saying here. Are you saying I should replace the rc scripts with the new ones even if they were already there? Or is this relating to the .efi files? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back