Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much RehabMan. Yes I forgot those command. I update and install again. Audio still not working. After booting system volume in menu bar appears active than disable again. I rebooted twice after kextcache no difference. Should I change audio layout manually from 0 to 123?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sorry if this has been asked, I could not find anything with search.

I am currently running El Capitan based off of this guide a year ago. I want to upgrade to High Sierra and am not sure the best way to do it. I tried just updating Clover and dropping in the new FakeSMC.kext, but that would not boot.

Is there a suggested way in this thread to do it? Attached is my current EFI. Thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
HP 4440s. The guide was very helpful thanks. Got everything working except sound. Swapped for the recommended BT/WIFI card, Airdrop working. Sound seems like too much effort. Just going to use my USB sound.

Sorry if this has been asked, I could not find anything with search.

I am currently running El Capitan based off of this guide a year ago. I want to upgrade to High Sierra and am not sure the best way to do it. I tried just updating Clover and dropping in the new FakeSMC.kext, but that would not boot.

Is there a suggested way in this thread to do it? Attached is my current EFI. Thanks

Read post #1 for system update instructions.

Read post #1 for system update instructions.
Thanks, must have missed that.

I ran into some trouble (see below if necessary), but eventually got the system to boot in safe mode. After logging in it ran "completing installation" and finished successfully. After that, the system would boot, but the graphics were not working properly. I followed the post-install steps in the original post (installing acpi and final config). The system now boots and everything seems to work fine, but I lost my recovery partition somehow. If I boot Clover from USB I can see it. Any idea how to get it back?

Attached is full debug info.

Thanks

===== process to update to high sierra =====

I did the following to update (coming from El Capitan):

1. Followed the "Updates to the patch repositories" instructions
2. Installed Clover_v2.4k_r4444.RM-4652.c1f8602f.zip
3. Copied in the config_HD4000_1366x768.plist keeping my SMBIOS section
4. Started a High Sierra install using "/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO"
5. The install finished and the system rebooted. When it rebooted my BIOS said the CMOS was corrupt and would be reset.
6. When Clover starts to boot macOS (the installer option is gone) it hangs with the progress bar 100%.
7. Booting in verbose mode shows it repeats an ACPI error (attached). It also occasionally flashes about kextd stall igpu

I've also attached my kexts available in Clover.

I am unsure how to get the proper diagnosis information from my machine to attach since it will not boot, but the CLOVER folder I had before the update is attached in #2631

=====

Attachments

• IMG_20180911_235245.jpg
    IMG_20180911_235245.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20180912_004008.jpg
    IMG_20180912_004008.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
  • debug_19502.zip
    775.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Thanks, must have missed that.

I ran into some trouble (see below if necessary), but eventually got the system to boot in safe mode. After logging in it ran "completing installation" and finished successfully. After that, the system would boot, but the graphics were not working properly. I followed the post-install steps in the original post (installing acpi and final config). The system now boots and everything seems to work fine, but I lost my recovery partition somehow. If I boot Clover from USB I can see it. Any idea how to get it back?

Attached is full debug info.

Thanks

===== process to update to high sierra =====

I did the following to update (coming from El Capitan):

1. Followed the "Updates to the patch repositories" instructions
2. Installed Clover_v2.4k_r4444.RM-4652.c1f8602f.zip
3. Copied in the config_HD4000_1366x768.plist keeping my SMBIOS section
4. Started a High Sierra install using "/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO"
5. The install finished and the system rebooted. When it rebooted my BIOS said the CMOS was corrupt and would be reset.
6. When Clover starts to boot macOS (the installer option is gone) it hangs with the progress bar 100%.
7. Booting in verbose mode shows it repeats an ACPI error (attached). It also occasionally flashes about kextd stall igpu

I've also attached my kexts available in Clover.

I am unsure how to get the proper diagnosis information from my machine to attach since it will not boot, but the CLOVER folder I had before the update is attached in #2631

=====

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover missing)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

@RehabMan

For handoff to work I need to do anything special (I have the option in SysPref -> General and is ticked) ? AirDrop works just fine from my iPad 4. It's not important but it's nice to have.

I replaced the Wi-Fi card with the BCM94352HMB :D

Debug files are attached.

Attachments

• debug_9935.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
@RehabMan

For handoff to work I need to do anything special (I have the option in SysPref -> General and is ticked) ? AirDrop works just fine from my iPad 4. It's not important but it's nice to have.

I replaced the Wi-Fi card with the BCM94352HMB :D

Debug files are attached.

Handoff is not very reliable on non-Apple WiFi hardware.

In the near future, I will be trying AirportBrcmFixup.kext to see if it fixes anything in this area.

Handoff is not very reliable on non-Apple WiFi hardware.

In the near future, I will be trying AirportBrcmFixup.kext to see if it fixes anything in this area.

On Mojave I saw on the forum that handoff works better:

"On macOS Mojave it seems that all of these features are working way better than they did on High Sierra, for example on my AzureWave AW C-123H (BCM94352HMB) - Lenovo B570e : all of these features are working perfect like they were on a real macbook/mac with the exception of Instant hotspot.
Similar result have been shown also on DW1560 (BCM94352Z) card. YMMV."

Maybe just upgrading solves the problem. Anyway, it's not a big deal and I really apreciate your hard work. I will donate in the near future if you have a paypal link or something :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back