Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon rechecking my BIOS settings, I had the video memory set to 32Mb, rather than 64Mb. Working great now - thanks Rehabman.

Yes,... 32mb would be guaranteed fail.
Always important to follow instructions carefully.

ProBook 4540s has whitelist ? I want to replace the internal Wi-Fi card (Intel 7260 which seems to be working okay under Windows) but I don't really know what should I buy. In the 10-20 dollar range.

I was thinking about BCM94352HMB, what do you say ?

Last edited:
ProBook 4540s has whitelist ? I want to replace the internal Wi-Fi card (Intel 7260 which seems to be working okay under Windows) but I don't really know what should I buy. In the 10-20 dollar range.

Yes, It will work 100%. I am using it with my ProBook 4540s. The only thing not working is the Continuity/ Handsoff. I did not try to fix. It didn't matter for me.

You might try treating it as 8x0 G4 (similar hardware and seems same audio codec).
Hi Rehabman!; Use 8X0G4 file support according to your suggestions; already available, but there are still some problems I hope to get help
1. The touchpad is recognized but not usable;
2. Sound is normal, inserting headphones is invalid..
3. can not sleep,
4. Thunder 3 interface is not recognized, I don't know if it can be used。

Attachments

• debug_14690.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 77
  • elitebook830-g5.ioreg
    17.4 MB · Views: 71
Yes, It will work 100%. I am using it with my ProBook 4540s. The only thing not working is the Continuity/ Handsoff. I did not try to fix. It didn't matter for me.

Thanks ! By the way do you know why ALT is Command on macOS ? I think that Windows key should be the command key.

ProBook 4540s has whitelist ?

No.
Read post #1.

I want to replace the internal Wi-Fi card (Intel 7260 which seems to be working okay under Windows) but I don't really know what should I buy. In the 10-20 dollar range.

Read post #1. Your laptop falls into "Other laptop" as it has no whitelist.

Good choice.

Thanks ! By the way do you know why ALT is Command on macOS ? I think that Windows key should be the command key.

Look at the physical layout of a real Mac keyboard and you'll see why Alt=Command.

Hi Rehabman!; Use 8X0G4 file support according to your suggestions; already available, but there are still some problems I hope to get help
1. The touchpad is recognized but not usable;
2. Sound is normal, inserting headphones is invalid..
3. can not sleep,
4. Thunder 3 interface is not recognized, I don't know if it can be used。

The ioreg you attached is corrupt. Must use IORegistryExplorer v2.1 as per FAQ.

TB3 known to be problematic on all hacks. No solid fixes developed, therefore none included here. Some devices will work if you plug them prior to boot.

HP Probook 4530s 8GB RAM, Samsung evo 850 256 GB / macOS 10.13.6

problems:

- macOS freezes when i use Android Studio (when typing something from the keyboard)

- White and black lines when using some screen capturing software (quicktime,monosnap)

- White lines always when I watch some video

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_8105.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back