Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan said:
Attach image of the specific "dialog" you have showing.
Perhaps you need EFICheckDisabler.kext... (I created one a while back, you can find with google).

Next time it happens I will get a screen shot.
Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 7.26.17 AM.png

Having a couple of post installation issues:

Audio is not working. As I have Conexant audio, I have experimented with changing layout-id to 0x14 to both 0x07 and 0x05 in SSDT-4x0-G5-Kabylake-R.aml, but no dice.

Also, Syspref -> trackpad gives me "no trackpad found", and there is no battery indicator. According to the guide, this suggsts I should turn TRIM patch in the config.plist, but I can't see an entry?

Thanks as always.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
  • RehabMan.zip
    79.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IOReg.ioreg
    13.4 MB · Views: 78
Having a couple of post installation issues:

Audio is not working. As I have Conexant audio, I have experimented with changing layout-id to 0x14 to both 0x07 and 0x05 in SSDT-4x0-G5-Kabylake-R.aml, but no dice.

Also, Syspref -> trackpad gives me "no trackpad found", and there is no battery indicator. According to the guide, this suggsts I should turn TRIM patch in the config.plist, but I can't see an entry?

Thanks as always.

Your config.plist is wrong.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

When I substitute in config_4x0s_G5_Kabylake-R.plist I get a hang on boot. In verbose mode the graphics are illegible, so I can't tell what's causing it.

You will need to attach full PR files (including verbose boot photo).
If you need to boot with USB setup, do so (so you can attach output from gen_debug.sh).

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Check your BIOS settings to be sure they conform to guidance in post #1.

I just noticed that the config.plist I was using (config_4x0s_G5_Kabylake-R.plist) doesn't match my model number exactly (i.e. I have 430 not 430s). Is there a more appropriate one for me to use?

I just noticed that the config.plist I was using (config_4x0s_G5_Kabylake-R.plist) doesn't match my model number exactly (i.e. I have 430 not 430s). Is there a more appropriate one for me to use?

It is the correct plist for the hardware in your profile.

Thanks Rehabman - here's the output of gen_debug.sh. Also (for what it's worth!) a screenshot of a verbose mode boot (the scrambled text), and an image showing the boot during normal mode before the hang (i.e. offset Apple logo with distorted progress bar).

Attachments

• debug_18002.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
  • 20180906_171824.jpg
    20180906_171824.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 60
  • 20180906_172040.jpg
    20180906_172040.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back