Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi is there support for 1040 G4?

Thanks for your nice work.
My 820G3 works perfect on macOS 10.13.6.
But when I use 820G3 docking station, the dp port can't work.
About System-Display can show the external monitor, in fact the external monitor nothing to show.

However, 2570p use DP-port of docking station works very perfect.
Looking for helps, thanks.

Hi RehabMan,
do you have any suggestions to solve this problem that seems generic for CX20724 hardware. Both layouts (5 and 7) give the same result described by droofy in post #2445.
Thanks in advance.
Hello,

I just installed on a Elitebook 840 G3 High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65). Everything works pretty well! Just a few little bug.

The audio volume level does not save after a reboot. When I change the volume with the keys F8 / F9 it decreases / increases the sound but in the menu bar at the top right the speaker stays at 100%.
On the other hand it works well on another output (airplay audio for example).

Hi, the quoted post seems to be talking about 2 different issues:
1. Sound volume not saving across reboots, and
2. Volume slider icon not in sync with actual system volume.
Which are we talking about? :)

It was either on this thread or on another thread here on TMX that I saw something about a fix for just that problem (volume slider sync). Have you guys tried searching the forum?

As for audio volume saving across restarts, not sure if it's a codec thing or if it might possibly be NVRAM. Of course @RehabMan would be the one to clarify all of this, but I'd start by making sure that NVRAM is working.
Either use EMUVariable *with RC Scripts* or use AptioMemoryFix. Don't use both EMUVariable and AptioMemoryFix, and neither use EMUVariable without the clover RC Scripts...
Again, my basis for this is that I believe I read that volume is saved on NVRAM, of course I could be wrong, but in either case, working NVRAM is never a bad thing lol.

HTH :)

Rehabman, I have tried now for a full day and a half to install Sierra on my machine but it wont work. I prepare my kingston data traveler 8GB following the guide for my 7 series laptop
but the clover installer never gets me the osx install i.e. disk utility, it just reboots back to windows 10. Don't know what I am doing wrong...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hello,

I just installed on a Elitebook 840 G3 High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65). Everything works pretty well! Just a few little bug.

The audio volume level does not save after a reboot. When I change the volume with the keys F8 / F9 it decreases / increases the sound but in the menu bar at the top right the speaker stays at 100%.
On the other hand it works well on another output (airplay audio for example).

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

While updating kexts for my desktop I noticed that shiki, IntelGraphicsFixup, and NVIDIAGraphicsFixup have been merged/moved to WhateverGreen.kext.
Would it be OK to use this new WhateverGreen.kext on my probook in place of IntelGraphicsFixup and shiki? I was going to install shiki.kext for iTunes DRM playback, but wanted to know which of the 2 kext to install. I believe I have a version of shiki around, so I can use that with IntelGraphicsFixup if whatevergreen might cause issues.

I will not look into transitioning to WhateverGreen.kext until closer to Mojave release (as time permits).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back