Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I just installed on a Elitebook 840 G3 High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65). Everything works pretty well! Just a few little bug.

The audio volume level does not save after a reboot. When I change the volume with the keys F8 / F9 it decreases / increases the sound but in the menu bar at the top right the speaker stays at 100%.
On the other hand it works well on another output (airplay audio for example).

It's like him. I tested layout 5 and layout 7, it's the same. A solution ?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ver-uefi-hotpatch.232948/page-65#post-1634159

While updating kexts for my desktop I noticed that shiki, IntelGraphicsFixup, and NVIDIAGraphicsFixup have been merged/moved to WhateverGreen.kext.
Would it be OK to use this new WhateverGreen.kext on my probook in place of IntelGraphicsFixup and shiki? I was going to install shiki.kext for iTunes DRM playback, but wanted to know which of the 2 kext to install. I believe I have a version of shiki around, so I can use that with IntelGraphicsFixup if whatevergreen might cause issues.

Hello everybody. I have one problem that probably tired everyone. After updating 10.10 to 10.11 everything works fine. But the sound doesn't work.

Terminal:
sudo touch / System / Library / Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
didn't solve the problem

I've been through many times.

Here is the output from the terminal:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBXHCI_4x40s.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext JMB38X.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IOath3kfrmwr.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/HSSDBlockStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAIDT.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIPoller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: IOPCIDevice::metaClass
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: IOACPIPlatformDevice::metaClass
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; omitting from prelinked kernel.

I need your help!!!

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2018-07-25 23-47.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 64
Hello everybody. I have one problem that probably tired everyone. After updating 10.10 to 10.11 everything works fine. But the sound doesn't work.

Terminal:
sudo touch / System / Library / Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
didn't solve the problem

I've been through many times.

Here is the output from the terminal:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBXHCI_4x40s.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext JMB38X.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IOath3kfrmwr.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/HSSDBlockStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAIDT.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIPoller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

I need your help!!!

yes, your AppleHDA.kext is at fault here

re run the installer to get a clean version of the kext, should sort out your issue

Has anybody been able to get HDCP/DRM protected videos to play on their laptop? I've tried with latest IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Shiki.kext and of course Lilu.kext and couldn't get iTunes to play any movies from my library (whether I tried streaming it or actually downloaded the movie first), the movie stays at 0 and nothing plays or shows on screen. Neither could I get Safari to play any of my Amazon Prime Video movies (shows an error about not being able to play video at this time).
I also tried removing IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Shiki.kext, and using the latest WhateverGreen.kext instead (since it now seems to have all 3 graphicsFixups and shiki merged into it), same results.

I updated kextcache after changing kext in both /L/E and Clover/Kexts/Other, booted without caches just to be sure kexts were updated, tried resetting DRM (com.apple.coremedia and com.apple.AppleGVA) set the Intel decoder, and nothing...

Has anyone had any luck with this?
I've found a couple possible solutions, but I don't want to go messing with too many things and break an otherwise working system. Worst case, I've got backups, so it's not much of a risk to try, but I figured I'd ask here first to see if anyone has any suggestions or advice that might be better suited for these laptops and RehabMan's guide.

THX for any info/ideas you guys may have.

yes, your AppleHDA.kext is at fault here

re run the installer to get a clean version of the kext, should sort out your issue

you mean that I should re run the installation of mac os x? but can there be a less radical solution? can be easier to download this kext?

you mean that I should re run the installation of mac os x? but can there be a less radical solution? can be easier to download this kext?
doesn't take long, and you are not needing to wipe your hard drive, just install over the top of your existing installation

next time make backups of your kexts :)

doesn't take long, and you are not needing to wipe your hard drive, just install over the top of your existing installation

next time make backups of your kexts :)

Unfortunately, reinstalling the OS didn't solve my problem. But I paid attention to your advice about the backup. And I have a full backup 10.10. I deleted the broken kext and moved kext from the backup. And it worked! Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I just installed on a Elitebook 840 G3 High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65). Everything works pretty well! Just a few little bug.

The audio volume level does not save after a reboot. When I change the volume with the keys F8 / F9 it decreases / increases the sound but in the menu bar at the top right the speaker stays at 100%.
On the other hand it works well on another output (airplay audio for example).
Same issue here on Elitebook 820 G3 hardware...
is there a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back