Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a minor issue on my hackintosh, but for some reason, Siri and dictation are having issues hearing me because the recording level is set too high, even if I turn it all the way down in System Preferences. Is there something that I can do to turn down the recording volume of my internal mic?

Your profile is not filled out with hardware details correctly.
Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hi Rehabman.

Im following *Updates to Install* portion of post #1, and I encountered this on the terminal. Should I continue with the rest of the terminal commands or should I need to do something before I move on?

Here's my terminal output:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
onofres-MacBook-Pro:~ ono$ cd ~/Projects/probook.git/
onofres-MacBook-Pro:probook.git ono$ git stash
No local changes to save
onofres-MacBook-Pro:probook.git ono$ git pull
Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref 'refs/heads/beta'
from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.
onofres-MacBook-Pro:probook.git ono$

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The beta branch has been removed.
You need to switch to the master branch:
Code:
get checkout master

Hi RehabMan!

Yes, combo update to 10.12.6 successful. Thanks for the help!

I have a question about upgrading clover version though, and I hope you could push me in the right direction.

I have a working clover 4270 on my laptop. I dual-boot with Windows 10 and Sierra 10.12.6. I am now trying to update to clover 4558 but keeps on failing to.

I downloaded and tried to install an updated version 4558. I run the installer, chose the default options, restarted when finished, then boom! I'm still on 4270. :( It did not update to 4558.

I've read that maybe I should change some settings on the customize section of the clover installer, but I forgot what changes to make, and also I forgot if I'm on clover uefi or clover legacy.

Looking back, I really wish I listed down my process when I decided to dual-boot.

I am planning to upgrade to 10.13, and I think it requires clover newer than 4270.

edit----
attaching my preboot.log
also, csrutil status SIP is disabled.
BooterConfig 0x28, CsrActiveConfig 0x67

Attachments

• preboot.log.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Have install 10.13.1 on hp elitebook 840 G3. Almost everything work perfect. Follow the fantastic [Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch.

Needs help for the smal thing that doesn´t work.

1. Sleep

When I click sleep in the apple menu or close the lid, the screen turns gray, laptop screen can't wake up after sleep. With an extern monitor connected (DP to DVI), the monitor goes to sleep but can wake up from keyboard or mouse, but the laptop screen is still grey. The backlight is times to working on the laptop screen because the gray will be lighter or darker, but no wake.

Have read a lot on the forum and google, a lot talk about Fix EDID but it don’t know if its the right way or if I forgot to to install some SSDT for AppleBacklightinjectt.kext.

2. External headphone and mic. Headphone is most important for me.

Pls have som one idea or point me in some direction for a solution

And thanks for everything that works;-) its my best macbook ever.
  • built-in and usb keyboard
  • built-in trackpad and bluetooth mac mouse
  • DP port to DVI monitor
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth (with handoff) using BCM94352Z
  • USB3, 2
  • Audio internal speaker
  • Volume control at keyboard
  • built-in mic, for Siri and FaceTime
  • built-in camera and FaceTime
  • battery status
  • backlight controls
  • wired Ethernet
  • Icloude, Mac App Store, iTunes, ibook,message
Not Tested
  • Card reader work, not tested, don’t show upp in USB
  • USB-C port, not tested
  • Change FCC and US mode to SE mode in wifi (53 45). Don’t know if it matter.
Hi, I recently switched from a ProBook 6570b to a EliteBook 840 G3. Can you tell me what WIFI card you used in your set up. Thanks in advance

Hi RehabMan!

Yes, combo update to 10.12.6 successful. Thanks for the help!

I have a question about upgrading clover version though, and I hope you could push me in the right direction.

I have a working clover 4270 on my laptop. I dual-boot with Windows 10 and Sierra 10.12.6. I am now trying to update to clover 4558 but keeps on failing to.

I downloaded and tried to install an updated version 4558. I run the installer, chose the default options, restarted when finished, then boom! I'm still on 4270. :( It did not update to 4558.

I've read that maybe I should change some settings on the customize section of the clover installer, but I forgot what changes to make, and also I forgot if I'm on clover uefi or clover legacy.

Looking back, I really wish I listed down my process when I decided to dual-boot.

I am planning to upgrade to 10.13, and I think it requires clover newer than 4270.

edit----
attaching my preboot.log
also, csrutil status SIP is disabled.
BooterConfig 0x28, CsrActiveConfig 0x67

The guide recommends the RehabMan Clover, currently is version 4444.
You need to insure you're installing for UEFI (visit "Customize" when in the Clover installer).

Hi, I recently switched from a ProBook 6570b to a EliteBook 840 G3. Can you tell me what WIFI card you used in your set up. Thanks in advance

The ioreg in the post you quoted indicates BCM94352.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Sorry. FYI the problem cured itself after using Bluetooth speakers for a few days Nd going into sleep / wake up a few times.
Thx!

Sorry. FYI the problem cured itself after using Bluetooth speakers for a few days Nd going into sleep / wake up a few times.
Thx!

You probably just needed to rebuild cache properly (boot without caches available in RehabMan Clover only).

Do not use Intel NVMe. Install Samsung NVMe or SATA SSD.
Would you say Samsung NVMe works as reliable as SATA SSD on our hackintosh's or even better to go with SATA SSD? Thanks for the info, I just considered changing from a Samsung SATA SSD to a bigger Samsung NVMe or bigger Samsung SATA SSD. And I can confirm the crashes using Intel NVMe (HFS).

Cheerio!

Would you say Samsung NVMe works as reliable as SATA SSD on our hackintosh's or even better to go with SATA SSD? Thanks for the info, I just considered changing from a Samsung SATA SSD to a bigger Samsung NVMe or bigger Samsung SATA SSD. And I can confirm the crashes using Intel NVMe (HFS).

Cheerio!

SATA SSDs preferred over NVMe. For example, even if you get your NVMe to work, for some reason we don't have NVMe power management, so the device tends to get hot and use extra power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back