Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does ATH9KFixup has an accurate installation step? I tried patched AirPortAtheros40.kext, it works for AR9462.
But Lilu + ATH9KFixup + ATH9KInjector not work.

Make sure you read the documentation for ATH9KFixup.

Off-topic. ATH9KFixup is not part of this guide.

(The whole set of patches for that hardware is pretty much a disaster... I should probably remove my fork and github builds).
No matter how awful the patches it is, if the solution is more stable ...
But the ATH9K patch is not stable ... treat it as a possibility...

No matter how awful the patches it is, if the solution is more stable ...
But the ATH9K patch is not stable ... treat it as a possibility...

Except for AR9285/AR9280, Atheros WiFi not recommended by this guide.
This guide recommends Broadcom for applicable laptops as per post #1.

Yeah!!!
RehabMan, with your priceless guidance I successfully updated to HighSierra, and its even better than ElCap!
HP ProBook 450G2 (1920x1080), Broadwell, BCM94360HMB (AW CB160H) 2.4/5GHz, 240GB SSD (Transcend MTS240).
Again, following LITERALLY & PRECISELY commands from guide makes it work.

Some notes:
1. using MacBookAir7,2 sysdef, as per guide
2. one has to remember to copy NEW plist from the probook.git/config directory
3. used CloverConfigurator Vibrant to make new SMBIOS (MBA7,2 and uuidgen for UUID generation)
4. perform EC Reset (power off, battery out, power switch for 15sec) before whining / complaining
5. use newest Pike'r Alpha freqVectorEdit.sh (v3.2) - https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh, to patch IdleFrequency for CPU (without it my I5-5200U stay @ 1,30GHz , after goes down to 0.8GHz)
6. look for Shiki.kext (iTunes is crashing randomly)

Questions:
1. do I need FakePCIID-XHCIMux when EH01/EH02 is disabled by hotpatch?
2. after enabling TRIM (in KextsToPatch) many things went away (bluetooth, audio, etc...), I prevented APFS conversion, system still reports HFS+J on MacOS volume. Do I have to live without TRIM ?

Hi, I the hack is working ok, only small minor with bluetooth not waking up from sleep. On wakeup it says no bluetooth is available

The card used is: BCM94360HMB

Btw I also have original Apple BCM94360CD wireless card, is there a way to get this card to work on HP Elitebook laptops ?

I have tried an NGFF adaptor, but it notch does not match (elitebook wan card slot has B notch, not A-E which is usually present on wireless devices)

Can't use an Apple card on mini pci slot, adapter is too big to fit :(

Since I can't use Apple card which would be best fix for this bluetooth wifi mess, all I can do to ask you for help with bluetooth after sleep.

Thank you for your help

Attachments

• before sleep.zip
    2 MB · Views: 64
  • after sleep.zip
    2 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Bluetooth not waking from sleep - probably USB power related issue. With proper USB config & BrcmPatchRam it *should* wake... Have you tried other USB devices? Did they woke up properly ?

Questions:
1. do I need FakePCIID-XHCIMux when EH01/EH02 is disabled by hotpatch?

It is installed by the scripts but the disabled (special ACPI code in SSDT-XHC.asl that injects RM,pr2-force), so not something you have to worry about.

2. after enabling TRIM (in KextsToPatch) many things went away (bluetooth, audio, etc...), I prevented APFS conversion, system still reports HFS+J on MacOS volume. Do I have to live without TRIM ?

It might be ok after you rebuild cache then reboot (maybe the system doesn't do fsck on second boot), but you never know if TRIM on non-Apple SSDs will cause problems (and 10.13 seems more sensitive than previous versions).

Hi, I the hack is working ok, only small minor with bluetooth not waking up from sleep. On wakeup it says no bluetooth is available

The card used is: BCM94360HMB

Btw I also have original Apple BCM94360CD wireless card, is there a way to get this card to work on HP Elitebook laptops ?

I have tried an NGFF adaptor, but it notch does not match (elitebook wan card slot has B notch, not A-E which is usually present on wireless devices)

Can't use an Apple card on mini pci slot, adapter is too big to fit :(

Since I can't use Apple card which would be best fix for this bluetooth wifi mess, all I can do to ask you for help with bluetooth after sleep.

Thank you for your help

Current version of BrcmPatchRAM is 2.2.9 (with 2.2.10 soon). You're running 2.2.7.
Try updating your kexts with download.sh and install_downloads.sh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back