Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I get a HP 840G1 and after install all files all work properly except HDMI audio, how can i fix it?

Attachments

• Archivo comprimido.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 68
Hi, I get a HP 840G1 and after install all files all work properly except HDMI audio, how can i fix it?

I have 8x0 G1 Haswell as having DP, not HDMI.
Is that not accurate?

Note: Your ioreg shows no HDMI or DP device attached. No expectation of HDMI or DP audio without an HDMI or DP device attached.

sorry, my mistake, I mean DP. The new Ioreg file attached is with DP to HDMI monitor conected, now I don't have any audio output. I don't know why.

Attachments

• Archivo comprimido.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 81
sorry, my mistake, I mean DP. The new Ioreg file attached is with DP to HDMI monitor conected, now I don't have any audio output. I don't know why.

This ioreg shows audio working, so you'll need to provide more details on "don't have any audio output".
The ioreg shows no external HDMI or DP device connected.
The ioreg is from a Haswell laptop. Your profile has no Haswell laptop details. Please fix your profile as per FAQ.

Clover now support new SMBIOS: MacBook8,1 MackBook9,1 MacBook10,1. So 1020 and 1030 can use these SMBIOS? And 1020 may need `_xcpm_idle' patch.

Clover now support new SMBIOS: MacBook8,1 MackBook9,1 MacBook10,1. So 1020 and 1030 can use these SMBIOS? And 1020 may need `_xcpm_idle' patch.

Your 1020 is Broadwell.
_xcpm_idle patch usually used only with HWP. Broadwell does not have HWP.

I would not recommend using a Skylake SMBIOS for a Broadwell CPU equipped laptop.

Your 1020 is Broadwell.
_xcpm_idle patch usually used only with HWP. Broadwell does not have HWP.

I would not recommend using a Skylake SMBIOS for a Broadwell CPU equipped laptop.
MacBook8,1 is Broadwell.

MacBook8,1 is Broadwell.

Yes, of course. Evidently you missed my point.

Regarding SMBIOS, I was responding to your suggestion of using MacBook9,1 or MacBook10,1 with your Broadwell laptop. MacBook8,1 is a fine experiment for your 1020, but not the others.

Furthermore, Broadwell does not have HWP, and the _xcpm_idle patch is usually only needed when using an SMBIOS that is HWP enabled. So... Don't use HWP enabled SMBIOS with Broadwell (as mentioned, it would be nonsense), and then you don't need the _xcpm_idle patch in the 1020 plist.

The _xcpm_idle patch is included in in all plists for models with Skylake and later, but not for those with Broadwell and earlier.

Furthermore, Broadwell does not have HWP, and the _xcpm_idle patch is usually only needed when using an SMBIOS that is HWP enabled. So... Don't use HWP enabled SMBIOS with Broadwell (as mentioned, it would be nonsense), and then you don't need the _xcpm_idle patch in the 1020 plist.

The _xcpm_idle patch is included in in all plists for models with Skylake and later, but not for those with Broadwell and earlier.
I know very little background info about HWP.

Broadwell does not have HWP. MacBook8,1 is not HWP enabled SMBIOS.

What will happen if I use MacBook8,1 on 1020? It as also _xcpm panic?

I know very little background info about HWP.

HWP (Intel SpeedShift) is a new hardware controlled CPU PM feature added to Skylake and later Intel CPUs.

Broadwell does not have HWP. MacBook8,1 is not HWP enabled SMBIOS.

Correct.

What will happen if I use MacBook8,1 on 1020? It as also _xcpm panic?

No idea.
I don't have a 1020.
My understanding is the _xcpm_idle patch is only needed with HWP.

You should test/verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back