Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Tried updating from appstore and it crashed with log.

attached the log, please help

Edit: i noticed when i update your version of clover it doesn't update the EFI partition but only installs in macOs drive creating EFI folder.
Is this normal?

Attachments

• Installer Log 2-Apr-2018.txt
    96 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Hello Rehabman,

I recently obtained the HP Elitebook 840 G4 and followed the Guide for the installation and managed to successfully install.
Everything seemed to work fine, Super fast. I then noticed the Audio Jack was not recognised by the system hence no Audio via Jack.
I have attached the Problem Files
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Note:
Still procuring Wifi card so currently using Usb Wifi.

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_26937.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
Edit: i noticed when i update your version of clover it doesn't update the EFI partition but only installs in macOs drive creating EFI folder.
Is this normal?

You probably failed to make the correct selections for installing in "Customize".

Hello Rehabman,

I recently obtained the HP Elitebook 840 G4 and followed the Guide for the installation and managed to successfully install.
Everything seemed to work fine, Super fast. I then noticed the Audio Jack was not recognised by the system hence no Audio via Jack.
I have attached the Problem Files
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Note:
Still procuring Wifi card so currently using Usb Wifi.

Thanks.

You might try without Shiki.kext. Or you might try AppleALC.kext to see if the patching (for AppleHDA XML) there is any better.

Also, note this commit: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProB...mmit/9408935cab5cde5babdbdc0d6e10db5a00c8fccf

You might want to try the setup that would result from the repo prior to that commit...

Last edited:
You might try without Shiki.kext. Or you might try AppleALC.kext to see if the patching (for AppleHDA XML) there is any better.

Also, note this commit: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProB...mmit/9408935cab5cde5babdbdc0d6e10db5a00c8fccf

You might want to try the setup that would result from the repo prior to that commit...

Tried disabling Shiki.kext to no avail. Same with the ALC kext.
Also A little confused with building from the commit before 9408935cab5cde5babdbdc0d6e10db5a00c8fccf
Am I supposed to use every thing from the repo at commit f5eff9c5ff51c1fe740e1aac92c12334941e7bf5 ?
Like sstdt's, kexts and config.plist?

Thanks.

After booting from USB and successfully installing 10.13 I boot from USB again. "Boot macOS Install from partition" does not show up in USB-Clover.

See kexts and .efi's of clover on USB on attached screenshot.
Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 22.41.24.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 22.41.24.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 109
Hello Rehabman,

Hi, I have the same model and just completed the installation. I can confirm everything it's working perfectly except for the audio jack. I'm looking for a solution too and available for any kind of try...
RehabMan any other idea to get it working?

Hi, I have the same model and just completed the installation. I can confirm everything it's working perfectly except for the audio jack. I'm looking for a solution too and available for any kind of try...
RehabMan any other idea to get it working?

See post #1909.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back