Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the data for WWAN/HS06 was provided by another user with the same laptop.
I am sure the data was provided by me, I have asked you the same question several years ago....

Did you remember why we preserve a port for WWAN even the laptop don't have a WWAN interface/solt on the motherboard?

I am sure the data was provided by me, I have asked you the same question several years ago....

Initial data provided by you, but additional data likely provided by someone else later.

Did you remember why we preserve a port for WWAN even the laptop don't have a WWAN interface/solt on the motherboard?

It is possible your laptop differs from the laptop that the person with the WWAN slot/card had.
Or the data you provided initially was inaccurate.

Initial data provided by you, but additional data likely provided by someone else later.

It is possible your laptop differs from the laptop that the person with the WWAN slot/card had.
Or the data you provided initially was inaccurate.
I remember the whole history...I am sure there are anyone except me provided data for this model. And the command can only confirm this:
Code:
$ git blame hotpatch/SSDT-USB-1020-G1.asl

I also suspect may be we have had a mistake (initial data was inaccurate) when we create SSDT-USB-1020-G1.asl. I also confirm all the folio 1020 g1 variant model don't have a WWAN hardware/slot. (I already disassemble several folio 1020 g1 variant hardware/motherboard)

But HP official website provide a `HP lt4112 Gobi 4G Device Firmware Update' for folio 1020 g1.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...odel/7343096/swItemId/ob-152395-1?sku=L4A53UA

So I'm very very curious what knowledge/experience behind this fact....My be 1020 and 1040 series hardware/softwore(BIOS) have some design framework which very the same, but 1040 has a WWAN solt, and 1020 don't has. This fact led to 1020 ACPI files has WWAN feature code... which cause we believe it has a WWAN:
Code:
                    "HS06", Package() // internal WWAN
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                        "port", Buffer() { 0x06, 0, 0, 0 },
                    }

Or may be my analyses totally wrong...

Hi Everyone!

Firstly, thanks to @RehabMan and anybody that make this guide available.
I had installed High Sierra on my Probook and everything seems work fine except HDMI. I've tried to change ig-platform-id to several value but the HDMI seems doesn't work.
After sleep I found the screen became glitch. But not on external display connected via VGA port. Randomly after boot up or reboot after sleep the touchpad, keyboard, sounds, and brightness control didn't work and I need to restart several time or even reboot to Windows then back to Mac to get it work. Can you help me please about that issues? Thank you.

Attachments

• glitch-after-sleep_debug_21905.zip
    2 MB · Views: 64
  • reboot-after-sleep-no-touchpad-nokeyboard-no-sound-no-brightness_debug_23954.zip
    2 MB · Views: 69

Attachments

• IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 79
  • EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 1.35.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 1.35.51 PM.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 93
I remember the whole history...I am sure there are anyone except me provided data for this model. And the command can only confirm this:
Code:
$ git blame hotpatch/SSDT-USB-1020-G1.asl

I also suspect may be we have had a mistake (initial data was inaccurate) when we create SSDT-USB-1020-G1.asl. I also confirm all the folio 1020 g1 variant model don't have a WWAN hardware/slot. (I already disassemble several folio 1020 g1 variant hardware/motherboard)

But HP official website provide a `HP lt4112 Gobi 4G Device Firmware Update' for folio 1020 g1.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...odel/7343096/swItemId/ob-152395-1?sku=L4A53UA

So I'm very very curious what knowledge/experience behind this fact....My be 1020 and 1040 series hardware/softwore(BIOS) have some design framework which very the same, but 1040 has a WWAN solt, and 1020 don't has. This fact led to 1020 ACPI files has WWAN feature code... which cause we believe it has a WWAN:
Code:
                    "HS06", Package() // internal WWAN
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                        "port", Buffer() { 0x06, 0, 0, 0 },
                    }

Or may be my analyses totally wrong...

Currently no WWAN enabled USB port for 1030 or 1040...
I will remove 1020 WWAN/HS06.

The data in these files is only as good as the data provided by the users that own the laptop...

Hey @RehabMan
I'm create USB install mas os high sierra 10.13.3 with your guide and guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html
But I have problem, You can see image
Here my EFI folder
My laptop is hp probook 450 g1
Help me !

EmuVaribleUefi-64.efi is missing from drivers64UEFI.
Or you can use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (read that part of the guide carefully).

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide. Please fix.

Make sure you use a USB2 stick, as per guide.

Hard drive replacement for ProBook 4530s laptop. The CustoMac Buyer's Guide for March 2018 suggests Seagate's Barracuda but not FireCuda hard drive. Will these 2.5 inch 2TB hard drives safely function in a HP ProBook 4530s Hackintosh via this guide? Is the hybrid FireCuda a better choice? Is it glitch free? Planning to update my old 500GB Toshiba drive. Thank you.

Not sure which forum to post this question.

Hi Everyone!

Firstly, thanks to @RehabMan and anybody that make this guide available.
I had installed High Sierra on my Probook and everything seems work fine except HDMI. I've tried to change ig-platform-id to several value but the HDMI seems doesn't work.
After sleep I found the screen became glitch. But not on external display connected via VGA port. Randomly after boot up or reboot after sleep the touchpad, keyboard, sounds, and brightness control didn't work and I need to restart several time or even reboot to Windows then back to Mac to get it work. Can you help me please about that issues? Thank you.

VGA not supported.
For display sleep issue ,read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Help me ! @RehabMan
I'm try to way of you
use usb 2.0, add EmuVaribleUefi-64.efi , install use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
But still fail
You can see image and EFI folder of me

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
  • EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back