Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
does generating EDID overide will solve my problem making external monitor(1080P) as primary display(booting probook in closed lid). is there a effect using hi res patch in probook 4540s(1080p) when using 1080p external monitor?

No idea.
You never even replied with "Problem Reporting" files after I requested them.

Keep in mind that anything you do in macOS setup (eg. display overrides) have no effect with BIOS/Clover.

And as I stated earlier, 'hires' option in this project has nothing to do with external displays.

- BIOS updated to latest as available from hp.com

F66 is out. After the recent security issues I intend to update. Do I need to redo SSDT and DSDT? Have issues been observed with this version?

Thanks for any information!

F66 is out. After the recent security issues I intend to update. Do I need to redo SSDT and DSDT? Have issues been observed with this version?

Thanks for any information!

This guide uses ACPI hotpatch. There is no "doing" (eg. no static patching) of SSDT and DSDT in hotpatch in the first place, therefore no "redo".

This guide uses ACPI hotpatch. There is no "doing" (eg. no static patching) of SSDT and DSDT in hotpatch in the first place, therefore no "redo".

Thank you!

I have the HP 840 G3. I was wondering if somebody has managed to get the internal SD cardreader working in High Sierra? Not a real issue, but would be nice to know :)

Hi, there is one thing I still cannot understand...Just want to learn the knowledge...
Code:
$ cat SSDT-USB-1020-G1.asl
                    "HS06", Package() // internal WWAN
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                        "port", Buffer() { 0x06, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
The USB customization data for HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 was provided by my another ID. There is any WWAN device on my motherboard.
Which info led you to the conclusion that HS06 was preserved for a WWAN (or may be for other model in the same series)?

Thanks.

Attachments

• HP-1020-G1.zip
    445.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hi, there is one thing I still cannot understand...Just want to learn the knowledge...
Code:
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                    },
The USB customization data for HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 was provided by my another ID. There is any WWAN device on my motherboard.
Which info led you to the conclusion that HS06 was preserved for a WWAN (or may be for other model in the same series)?

Thanks.
what do you mean by:
"was provided by my another ID" ?

what do you mean by:
"was provided by my another ID" ?
I join tonymacx86 several years ago, but I foget my e-mail and account password...So I reg this one

Code:
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                    },

Thanks.

Probably the data for WWAN/HS06 was provided by another user with the same laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back