Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey RehabMan!
I am having a problem getting Audio to work on my Probook 4530s I7 2760qm 720p laptop.
I tried to reboot without caches and saw that clover did not have an option to reboot without caches. I went searching and found this post from a while back https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-option-in-clover-to-reboot-without-caches.211807/ and saw that there was an alternate method but the link on the guide is still not pointing to the right page so I couldn't find the full instructions for the alternate method. Anyways, I tried to do the alternate method by using git and launching the shell command from the probook.git repository (./pre-patched_HDA.sh)(i don't know if thats how I was supposed to do it or not :/) and gave me back an error saying that the Kext was not installed properly installed and cannot be used. I then installed the kext manually but still saw in KextStat that the kext isn't loaded.
Anyways! I still couldn't get audio to work so I would really appreciate your help! My problem reporting files are attached below!

Attachments

• Problem Reporting Files Jigg.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 73
Hey RehabMan!
I am having a problem getting Audio to work on my Probook 4530s I7 2760qm 720p laptop.
I tried to reboot without caches and saw that clover did not have an option to reboot without caches. I went searching and found this post from a while back https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-option-in-clover-to-reboot-without-caches.211807/ and saw that there was an alternate method but the link on the guide is still not pointing to the right page so I couldn't find the full instructions for the alternate method. Anyways, I tried to do the alternate method by using git and launching the shell command from the probook.git repository (./pre-patched_HDA.sh)(i don't know if thats how I was supposed to do it or not :/) and gave me back an error saying that the Kext was not installed properly installed and cannot be used. I then installed the kext manually but still saw in KextStat that the kext isn't loaded.
Anyways! I still couldn't get audio to work so I would really appreciate your help! My problem reporting files are attached below!

You are not using the correct version of Clover.
Use latest RehabMan build as recommended in the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• Clover pic.jpg
    Clover pic.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
You should have used the gen_debug.sh tool. It might provide more information since it gathers kernel logs.
I can see from ioreg that the trackpad driver failed to start, but no idea why.
Did you do EC reset?

In the future...
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello RehabMan,

yes i did an EC reset. I make it every time if my keyboard or or touchpad is not working after boot.
Attached again problem reporting files with the gen_debug.sh tool. Hope it helps. (ACPI/origin/ACPI Tables and misc/preboot.log is not actual because after reboot keyboard and trackpad working again)
Thanks

Attachments

• debug_21333.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
I just bought a refurbished HP Elitebook 840 G1 with I5 4300U and HD 4400. I followed every step in the OP. All went well except the graphics. It is exactly not working. Youtube is fine. But running applications like Kodi gives me blank screen, VLC also blank screen but has audio. Even some applications show incomplete output, for example, when I want to save the output of IO Reg, the dialog window is blank (so I just press return hoping something will be saved). I attached the screenshot in the same post. I have also attached the "Problem Reporting" files here as well.

Not sure how to proceed and I can use some help here. Thanks advance.
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 7.49.58 PM.png

Attachments

• output.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
I just bought a refurbished HP Elitebook 840 G1 with I5 4300U and HD 4400. I followed every step in the OP. All went well except the graphics. It is exactly not working. Youtube is fine. But running applications like Kodi gives me blank screen, VLC also blank screen but has audio. Even some applications show incomplete output, for example, when I want to save the output of IO Reg, the dialog window is blank (so I just press return hoping something will be saved). I attached the screenshot in the same post. I have also attached the "Problem Reporting" files here as well.

Not sure how to proceed and I can use some help here. Thanks advance.View attachment 306232

I should say "It is not exactly working 100%" instead of "It is exactly not working". Sorry for the wrong wording. Also the screenshot I took somehow is also blank.

I make new efi install but mistake i use guide literally and didn't remember use my 9470m profil but now it boot.
Then i install with right profil and again it boot.
Is it clover settings correct now, could you check it please?
Clover picture is from clean install.
Thank you for the efforts

What are you asking?
You seem to imply your install was successful, but then you post a photo of a KP which implies failure.
Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back