Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan

Managed to get it goin from other USB port. Thanks

Still, though I did phase 1, can't get further. Though I used latest clover 4359 for USB Clover_v2.4k_r4359.RM-4506.7036cf0a now I have a wallpaper of a mountain and clover version number 3193 from 2015 as written while you need at least 3330 for the config.plist. If I click the big apple logo circle in the middle "Boot OSX Install from Install macOS Sierra" does go onto an apple logo screen where nothing happens. The normal behaviour would be let me install further on the formatted system partition I created before. Anyway it does go in verbose mode but gives an error "OsxAptipFixDrv: Error requested memory exceeds our relocated allocation block Requested mem C7B000-587FFFF" then "Reloc: block can handle mem requests 0-43EFFFF" then "error allocating 0x4x05 pages......." "Error loading kernel cache" Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting" then stays there

This is the hardest, weirdest install I've ever made. Hope you've seen worse :)

You need to use the latest Clover. If you see 3193, you're not running the latest.

Didn't realize until now that it doesn't help at this stage that FakeSMC is in L/E. So, now I'm getting a message "MacOs could not be installed on this computer" thank you

After you update everything (Clover, kexts, config.plist, ACPI/patched, kexts installed to /L/E, etc), restart the upgrade process from scratch.

As expected.
Of course if you use an invalid ig-platform-id, the graphics drivers do not load and neither does IntelBacklight.kext, which avoids the long delay.

It is easy to set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddPNLF=true on your USB config.plist.
This patch in config_HD520_530_540.plist prevent clover on usb from booting installed partition:
Code:
<string>0x19160000/etc, 32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)</string>
Disable it, booting is ok.

This patch in config_HD520_530_540.plist prevent clover on usb from booting installed partition:
Code:
<string>0x19160000/etc, 32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)</string>
Disable it, booting is ok.

The guide already recommends disabling that patch when DVMT-prealloc is set correctly.
Must read the guide carefully:
If your laptop has DVMT-prealloc set as required (64MB or 128MB), you should disable or remove the 32MB patch.

BIOS settings

To start, set BIOS to defaults.

Then insure:
- disable fast boot
- for Skylake and KabyLake laptop, enable "Launch Hotkeys without Fn keypress"
Why SKL enable "Launch Hotkeys without Fn keypress"?

Also, what 'fast boot' actually affected?

Why SKL enable "Launch Hotkeys without Fn keypress"?

Because that is what the PS2 key mapping in the guide (key86) assumes.
It makes it so the same keys are used for the special functions as on Windows.

Also, what 'fast boot' actually affected?

Fast boot tends to break bluetooth.

After you update everything (Clover, kexts, config.plist, ACPI/patched, kexts installed to /L/E, etc), restart the upgrade process from scratch.
Thank you very much, Rehabman. Worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back