Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to verify a display working....I currently using 1600x900 HiDPI (Retina), and I can use my laptop browse web, launch terminal, watch videos...So I say it works...

I remember there is an Apple logo and a process bar under the Apple logo before the Login GUI. But on my laptop, there is only a process bar, without the Apple logo.

There are 5 values (32MB, 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, 512MB) for DVMT-prealloc in BIOS. I tried every one, and save ioreg...

Also one interesting thing, when set to 32MB, the font style of menu bar was bold then others (64MB - 512MB). Screenshots attached.

I'm surprised you can boot with 32mb DVMT-prealloc... usually 32mb DVMT-prealloc causes panic.
You are using ig-platform-id 0x191e0000.
0x191e0000 assumes 34mb framebuffer size, 21mb cursor bytes, so that is 34+21=55, so you would need 64mb DVMT-prealloc at least.

md5 of vanilla IOKit in 10.11.6 with 2017-005 security update is:
Code:
03820d62ca1ffbbe7eed0e2ad3e5b101
I have no security update combo installed yet:
Code:
$ sw_vers 
ProductName:    Mac OS X
ProductVersion:    10.11.6
BuildVersion:    15G31

I have no security update combo installed yet:
Code:
$ sw_vers
ProductName:    Mac OS X
ProductVersion:    10.11.6
BuildVersion:    15G31

Install all the security updates. Then we can compare md5 sums to verify that no patching necessary for 4k (for some reason, different from all others prior).

NVRAM in Skylake models: As is common with Skylake, native NVRAM via UEFI services often does not work. So make sure you install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and the "RC scripts" when you install Clover.
Native NVRAM seems not work. `$ nvram -p' print very little amount of variables.

But after installing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, I still can not properly change StartUp Disk.

Native NVRAM seems not work. `$ nvram -p' print very little amount of variables.

But after installing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, I still can not properly change StartUp Disk.

Don't forget "RC scripts" (required for EmuVariable to work correctly).

Don't forget "RC scripts" (required for EmuVariable to work correctly).
I selected "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes", but not select "Optional RC Scripts" (disable sleep proxy client). But still cannot change StartUp Disk.

I have install 10.12.6 on another partition.
- select "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes", but not for USB
- selecting "Install Clover Preference Pane" is optional
- there are also some "Optional RC Scripts" you might want to read about

I selected "Install RC scripts on target volume" and/or "Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes", but not select "Optional RC Scripts" (disable sleep proxy client). But still cannot change StartUp Disk.

Attach image of SysPrefs->Startup Disk.
What do you mean "cannot change"? You mean you can't select it in SysPrefs? (you must click the unlock icon and type your password).

Also, attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Respectfully, is this process still 10X harder than the "Probook Installer" and "OSX El Capitan 10.11.2" process from nguyenmac?

BC, I was having trouble with the PBI process, but ended up figuring it out on 5 different laptops. I have been building tonymac hacks for many years, but still a novice. Should i just stick with PBI? Will there ever be an installer again made for the novices?

What would be the easiest laptop and OSX version (beyond el capitan) to bring to completion?

Thank you so much

Respectfully, is this process still 10X harder than the "Probook Installer" and "OSX El Capitan 10.11.2" process from nguyenmac?

It really isn't difficult.
But for those that haven't done it yet, it may seem that way.

BC, I was having trouble with the PBI process, but ended up figuring it out on 5 different laptops. I have been building tonymac hacks for many years, but still a novice. Should i just stick with PBI? Will there ever be an installer again made for the novices?

PBI has not been updated for ages. It will not work with recent versions of OS X/macOS.

What would be the easiest laptop and OSX version (beyond el capitan) to bring to completion?

The ProBook/EliteBook laptops supported by this guide are relatively easy.

I'm in a bit of a quandary, I have been prepping my HP 8470p for the upgrade to High Sierra from El Capitan. I ran the repository updater from the terminal to update all of the .kext files, then updated Clover. After updating Clover with your fork of Clover, I have now lost my wireless hardware "no hardware installed" and when plugging in a USB drive it is now telling me "device needs power". Best way to resolve this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back