Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan can you please help me with No Audio Issue,

The Audio isn't working still, followed Post#1

below are the audio codec_dump.text, native DSDT.aml extracted from live Ubuntu USB and lspci -nn screenshot.

Codec_Dump text:
Codec: Intel Broadwell HDMI

Address: 0

AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 0)

Vendor Id: 0x80862808

Subsystem Id: 0x80860101

Revision Id: 0x100000

No Modem Function Group found

Default PCM:

rates [0x0]:

bits [0x0]:

formats [0x0]:

Default Amp-In caps: N/A

Default Amp-Out caps: N/A

State of AFG node 0x01:

Power states: D0 D3 CLKSTOP EPSS

Power: setting=D0, actual=D0, Clock-stop-OK

GPIO: io=0, o=0, i=0, unsolicited=0, wake=0

Node 0x02 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x6611: 8-Channels Digital

Converter: stream=0, channel=0

Digital: Enabled KAE

Digital category: 0x0

IEC Coding Type: 0x0

PCM:

rates [0x7f0]: 32000 44100 48000 88200 96000 176400 192000

bits [0x1e]: 16 20 24 32

formats [0x5]: PCM AC3

Power states: D0 D3 EPSS

Power: setting=D0, actual=D0

Node 0x03 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x6611: 8-Channels Digital

Converter: stream=0, channel=0

Digital: Enabled KAE

Attaching the native DSDT and lspci -nn to give full hardware info
Thanks

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

RehabMan,

I have read your post #1 thoroughly,

I have borrowed Mac too, to make USB installer as you mentioned VM ware versions may corrupt the installer creation.

I have tried my very best in installing MacOS High Sierra following Post#1 ( I have even tried your own Clover fork too) but neither ways I'm not even able to reach Install Screen (I'm just able to reach to clover bootscreen )

The HP Probook El Capitan Guide is really great and only by this guide I'm able to install and have a working except Audio)

I'm kinda getting tired and losing hope (I'm working continuously for the last 3 days trying to Install MacOSX on my laptop, Probook Installer Guide is working awesome but i can't fix audio) - as the support from you just mentioning either read POST# 1 or Files not attached.

Can you please let me know, if you can help me out in fixing my audio issue on El Capitan installed using PBI CE guide
(I have made USB Installers 3 times - 2 times from MacOS installed on VM ware and 1 ones from a real mac i borrowed-- i followed step by step in making the USB installer -- but can't even reach Installer screen swear)

I'm kinda losing hope, so, please let me know, if you can help me out fix my audio issue.

Here are my Audio Codec Dump text details :

Codec: Intel Broadwell HDMI
Address: 0
AFG Function ID: 0x1 (unsol 0)
Vendor ID: 0x80862808 (this is in Hexa)

The attachments are DSDT.aml and lspci -nn extracted from live USB Ubuntu

I have read rules too ( I submitting the following files to relate to the rule: Near laptop to the mentioned guide)

Thanks

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    149.6 KB · Views: 191
  • lspci-nn.png
    lspci-nn.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 151
Hey Rehabman I just Update High Sierra to 10.13.2 and got this error messages... cannot get reach to desktop. how to fix this ??

sorry cannot post problem reporting files

Attachments

• VID_20171207_132759.mp4.zip
    66.6 MB · Views: 167
For those who haven't updated their laptops to 10.13.2 yet: make sure you have the following kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other, before you start the update:

- FakeSMC (a must)
- Lilu+IntelGraphicsFixup (a must for Skylake+)
- other kexts, specific to some models (SATA/Graphics/Fake PCI ID injectors etc.)
- VoodooPS2Controller (recommended)
- the LAN kexts (Intel, Realtek etc., recommended)

Make sure Lilu.kext is v1.2.1 as v1.2.0 and older will give you KP !!! Also, you'll never get to the second (installer) part without the first two from the list above at least !!!

After this update, it may take several kext cache updates in order to get everything working again (took me two or three times to get my audio working).
My personal opinion: worst update ever. They took us into the dark age, where updates through MAS were not recommended and the combo updates were used instead.

Hey Rehabman I just Update High Sierra to 10.13.2 and got this error messages... cannot get reach to desktop. how to fix this ??

Looks like old Lilu.kext that causes KP to me. Also, look what I've written above.

Last edited:
Looks like old Lilu.kext that causes KP to me. Also, look what I've written above.

I was just about to write this too ! Found out the hard way and now currently running without Lilu.kext

You should have waited. I just updated Lilu.kext on bitbucket (to 1.2.2) this morning.
You need to use the latest Lilu.kext.

You should have waited. I just updated Lilu.kext on bitbucket (to 1.2.2) this morning.
You need to use the latest Lilu.kext.
As I heard you right few week ago or so, Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts weren't necessary for HP ProBook 4530s (Sandy Bridge) and yet I faced the same issue as him/her, although I'm always having a time machine backups, so it was easy to revert back.

Will try to update it later when I'm home and see if those kexts will help.

As I heard you right few week ago or so, Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup kexts weren't necessary for HP ProBook 4530s (Sandy Bridge) and yet I faced the same issue as him/her, although I'm always having a time machine backups, so it was easy to revert back.

Will try to update it later when I'm home and see if those kexts will help.

Your .mp4 clearly shows KP by Lilu.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back