Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ran into the issue where the cursor will randomly disappear, usually (but now always) while watching a video on a website like youtube? The keyboard will still function but the cursor disappears. This occurs on both Elitebooks running HD400 and HD5500. The only thing that remedies it is a full restart.

Has anyone ran into the issue where the cursor will randomly disappear, usually (but now always) while watching a video on a website like youtube? The keyboard will still function but the cursor disappears. This occurs on both Elitebooks running HD400 and HD5500. The only thing that remedies it is a full restart.

What browser?
Full screen or not full screen?
Where are your problem reporting files?

You need to provide complete details.

Hello RehabMan,

I have provided complete details and files as mentioned in the post#1 problem reporting, but then, my post is not visible neither got any response. (When I posted it, it has a msg on top saying "waiting moderator approval")

Let me know, if I have to post it again.

Thanks.

Hello RehabMan,

I have provided complete details and files as mentioned in the post#1 problem reporting, but then, my post is not visible neither got any response. (When I posted it, it has a msg on top saying "waiting moderator approval")

Let me know, if I have to post it again.

Thanks.

Your post was removed because it linked a banned site in the text (I will not mention the site).
It also indicates you didn't follow the guide.
Read post #1 and follow it exactly.

Your post was removed because it linked a banned site in the text (I will not mention the site).
It also indicates you didn't follow the guide.
Read post #1 and follow it exactly.

RehabMan,

I followed the Probook Installer Guide for El Capitan :: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ebook-probook-others-with-clover-uefi.168236/

As i'm installing El Capitan and also felt this guide is bit straight forward for my laptop (HP Probook 430 G2 i5-5200U)

Then as I'm unable to fix my Audio Issues ..then I have gone through your guide (I have tried disk permission repair and reboot without caches and rebuilding cache but no luck)

I have made new USB Installer using your guide but then I'm not able to make it.

Then I reverted back to the Probook Installer guide, everything works (brightness control, battery power management is awesome, fan speed, everything is good except Audio and WiFi)

I then googled and got the files (AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext) and installed both files using Kext Wizard.

Then I ran into the following issue "Media pauses - Not playing, I tried YouTube and a video file stored on drive open using QUICK TIME player --but it just PAUSES hitting the play button but it just pauses)

Lmk if you want to follow only the Guide on POST#1 (if the Probook Insataller guide is not gonna work for me)

Thanks

RehabMan,

I followed the Probook Installer Guide for El Capitan :: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ebook-probook-others-with-clover-uefi.168236/

As i'm installing El Capitan and also felt this guide is bit straight forward for my laptop (HP Probook 430 G2 i5-5200U)

Then as I'm unable to fix my Audio Issues ..then I have gone through your guide (I have tried disk permission repair and reboot without caches and rebuilding cache but no luck)

I have made new USB Installer using your guide but then I'm not able to make it.

Then I reverted back to the Probook Installer guide, everything works (brightness control, battery power management is awesome, fan speed, everything is good except Audio and WiFi)

I then googled and got the files (AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext) and installed both files using Kext Wizard.

Then I ran into the following issue "Media pauses - Not playing, I tried YouTube and a video file stored on drive open using QUICK TIME player --but it just PAUSES hitting the play button but it just pauses)

Lmk if you want to follow only the Guide on POST#1 (if the Probook Insataller guide is not gonna work for me)

Thanks

Please follow post #1 as written.

1. Brightness keys (F2 & F3) don't work without Option+Shift modifier.

You will need to:
- install the debug VoodooPS2Controller.kext
- provide kernel logs that result when you press your brightness keys (filter for ApplePS2Keyboard)

2. Airdrop doesn't work between iPhone SE on iOS 10.2 and my ProBook on High Sierra 10.13.1

You will need to describe exactly what you are doing, in detail.
But WiFi/BT configuration look fine, so I suspect it simply isn't supported with the Atheros hardware.

3. Tap and Drag does not work with touch pad (Nothing happens). Tap to Click and Two Finger right click tap work.

See options in SysPrefs->Accessibility->Mouse & Trackpad.

4. My recovery partition vanished from Clover Boot Loader screen. Only my main MacOS boot Partition shows.

Press F3.

Where do I get the debug version of Voodoo controller. Is this it: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads/ and if so which one is the debug version?

I don't think you downloaded the ZIP...
Maybe if you look at it, common sense will prevail.

Note: Install to /Library/Extensions. Kext installation via Terminal in FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also note: The downloaded/extracted kexts are also already in your ~/Projects/probook.git/downloads folder.

Hi RehabMan have checked GitHub,noticed you have disabled slider sync patch for now coz its causing other problems,i updated patch repositories yesterday including config.plist so far i haven't experienced any problems
The problems are documented in this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-430-g4-volume-control-problem.239391/

If you're having different results with the patch, you should contribute in that thread.

I re-enabled the patch and disabled sleep/wake CodecCommander actions for CX8200.
Please test.

RehabMan can you please help me with No Audio Issue,

The Audio isn't working still, followed Post#1

below are the audio codec_dump.text, native DSDT.aml extracted from live Ubuntu USB and lspci -nn screenshot.

Codec_Dump text:
Codec: Intel Broadwell HDMI

Address: 0

AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 0)

Vendor Id: 0x80862808

Subsystem Id: 0x80860101

Revision Id: 0x100000

No Modem Function Group found

Default PCM:

rates [0x0]:

bits [0x0]:

formats [0x0]: