Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop still have problems with closing the lid. The laptop doesn't go to sleep, when I close it, even worse, it doesn't respond at all when I open the lid several minutes later and powering it down the hard way (holding the power button) is the only way. That happens with both 1.17 and the new 1.19 BIOS versions. The attached zip includes the stock ACPI tables from the latest version 1.19.
Using the Sleep button, the auto-sleep and waking it up when I open the lid (after I've put it to sleep, using the sleep button/auto-sleep and then closed the lid) seems to work fine.

To start with this problem, someone needs to check debug PS2 logs (and perhaps other kernel log data) to determine what is keeping the laptop awake.

I've made the same suggestion (with more details) several times in the 10.11 thread, and no one followed up. Getting tired of making the same suggestion. Obviously, it is not something I can do, since I don't have the hardware.

The work around is simple: Use Apple->Sleep.

I suspect it is something in the DSDT. There is a ton of code dealing with the LID, probably a lot of it wrong.

To start with this problem, someone needs to check debug PS2 logs (and perhaps other kernel log data) to determine what is keeping the laptop awake.

I've made the same suggestion (with more details) several times in the 10.11 thread, and no one followed up. Getting tired of making the same suggestion. Obviously, it is not something I can do, since I don't have the hardware.

The work around is simple: Use Apple->Sleep.

I suspect it is something in the DSDT. There is a ton of code dealing with the LID, probably a lot of it wrong.
Ok, could you tell me where can I look at? Also please, point me to those suggestions to take a look at them too.

Ok, could you tell me where can I look at?

Install debug PS2 kexts.
Look at PS2 logs as they correlate with your lid actions.

Also please, point me to those suggestions to take a look at them too.

I'm not going to search for them. They were in the El Capitan guide thread though.
Also read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-430-g4-close-lid-cannot-sleep.238826/

Note: I may be able to borrow a 430 G4 (my neighbor has one) to further debug it.

Note: If you have a laptop with switchable graphics, leave it enabled. You can still use it on Windows, although the discrete card will be disabled when running OS X by the ACPI patches provided here. If you want to also disable it in Windows (via BIOS option), make sure you read about the DGPU option in your model specific SSDT (source is in SSDT-HACK.dsl), as in the scenario where the DGPU is disabled by BIOS, DGPU should be set to zero.
Does the fan for DGPU will always run (make noise) although DGPU is disabled by the ACPI patch?
If it still keep running, is there a technique to disable DGPU fan (don't spin)?

Hi Rehabman,

My ProBook hackintosh is nearly perfect except the 3 problem.
  1. The screen brightness can not save after reboot or wake up from sleep.
  2. The audio volume can not save too.
  3. The battery drain fast on sleep. from 54% to 23% in 9 hours.

Attachments

• compress file.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 88
Does the fan for DGPU will always run (make noise) although DGPU is disabled by the ACPI patch?
If it still keep running, is there a technique to disable DGPU fan (don't spin)?

My understanding is that the DGPU fan should not run with power cut to the device.
Are you finding different behavior?
I have no laptops with dual GPU.

- The screen brightness can not save after reboot or wake up from sleep.
- The audio volume can not save too.

As per guide, install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC scripts when you install Clover.

The battery drain fast on sleep. from 54% to 23% in 9 hours.

SMBIOS should be MacBookPro13,1 or MacBookPro11,1 not MacBookPro13,2.
Delete CsmVideoDxe-64.efi.
Your hibernatemode is set incorrectly (see post #1 regarding CPU PM).

Also, battery drain may be due to lack of drivers for certain devices (such as the card reader).
You might disable such devices in BIOS.

As per guide, install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC scripts when you install Clover.
I have reinstall clover and check the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and RC scripts, the screen brightness and volume still can not be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back