Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guide in post #1 already implements that method.
Please follow post #1 as written.

Thank you, but as I said I got the brightness working now :)

Can you please get back on the black-after-sleep-problem if you have any idea? That would be great. Thanks in advance man.

P.s. I've attached all the files in the previous post

I had this same issue with my elitebook G3 (skylake). I couldn't resolve the issue so I had to rollback to 10.11 which resolved the black screen issue but a lid sleep is still not operable. I believe newer skylake and kabylake HPs have many unresolved issues.

Thanks for your feedback :( I hope this can be solved somehow.

EC reset.
Also, make sure you rebuild cache.
It seems it was prematurely to talk about "problem solved". The symptoms returned, even after several EC resets / cache rebuilds and it seems there is something about the VoodooPS2Daemon. With the daemon and the "Ignore the trackpad blablabla" option enabled, the keyboard and the pad just stop working, mostly when I connect/disconnect the USB mouse. However, I haven't seen that behavior since I removed the daemon startup file from /L/LD. I'll monitor the keyboard/pad behavior the next days and probably will do a fresh install this weekend, this time using older version (10.13), because I have a doubt that thing happens only with the latest macOS version 10.13.1.

It seems it was prematurely to talk about "problem solved". The symptoms returned, even after several EC resets / cache rebuilds and it seems there is something about the VoodooPS2Daemon. With the daemon and the "Ignore the trackpad blablabla" option enabled, the keyboard and the pad just stop working, mostly when I connect/disconnect the USB mouse. However, I haven't seen that behavior since I removed the daemon startup file from /L/LD. I'll monitor the keyboard/pad behavior the next days and probably will do a fresh install this weekend, this time using older version (10.13), because I have a doubt that thing happens only with the latest macOS version 10.13.1.

Nothing in VoodooPS2Daemon affects the keyboard driver.

So, you suggest to go directly with the fresh install? Interesting, those things start to occur right after installed the ProBooks support (kexts, ACPI, etc) and that's on fresh install.

So, you suggest to go directly with the fresh install? Interesting, those things start to occur right after installed the ProBooks support (kexts, ACPI, etc) and that's on fresh install.

I don't have the same issue here with my 4530s/4540s. If you have an issue, attach "Problem Reporting" files.

Hello RehabMan!
I've installed high sierra successfull on my HP8460p (with MacBook 8.1 SMBIOS data changed).
I have changed the SMBIOS data with this steps:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

and edited the config.plist with textwrangler (created "dummy" w Clover Configurator/copy/paste/save in final config.plist)

Then i made a backup of the 8460p and kloned this Backup 1:1 on a HP8470p (then changed SMBIOS MacBook 9.2 in config.plist with textwrangler/changed wlan card) and made all "post install" steps on the HP8470p!
All is funktional/ok, but after every boot not all partitions are mounted automaticly!?

1.)How can i let mount Auto, the partitions "Windows" and "Lokal" (the two partitions shown in Windows) at boot? Must i make a change in config.plist?
When i boot with my recovery USB-Stick the partitions are Auto mounted!?

2.) Can i delete in S/L/E the GenericUSB kext for the 8470p?

3.) Sometime when i create a new SSDT for the 8470p the machine slows down!?
Must i delete some files after kloning the 8460p Backup on the 8470p? And make then the "postinstall" steps?

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back