Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a fresh 10.13.1 install on my ProBook 430 G3 (HFS+ install on SSD) today and I'm having problems with keyboard and the pad. It seems the VoodooPS2controller just stops and I lose both the keyboard and the pad. There is no pattern, sometimes it stops when I type the password at the login screen, sometimes when I connect a mouse, sometimes when I disconnect that mouse. Troubleshoot files attached.

EC reset.
Also, make sure you rebuild cache.

Hi, updated recently to 10.13.1 and everything seems to work just fine. But recently i keep having random freezes while working and sometimes when the screen turns off from inactivity, and try to log back in it just stays off.. strangely the computer seems to still work with the screen of (eg. spotify keeps playing) and i have to turn off the whole machine. what could cause it?

Your ioreg is corrupt. Read "problem reporting" carefully.

Your ioreg is corrupt. Read "problem reporting" carefully.

Sorry, i didnt realise that i had 2 versions of registry explorer. maybe this one is good.

Attachments

• RehabMan 2.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 72
Sorry, i didnt realise that i had 2 versions of registry explorer. maybe this one is good.

What is this?
Code:
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/JRDMassStorageDriver64.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

The guide calls for OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi but you have OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Guide calls for serial port to be disabled in BIOS. Your ioreg shows it is enabled.

What is this?
Code:
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/JRDMassStorageDriver64.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

The guide calls for OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi but you have OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Guide calls for serial port to be disabled in BIOS. Your ioreg shows it is enabled.

Serial Port is disabled in BIOS. As for the kext, i honestly don't know what is it.You think should i remove it? Also, i replaced the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Probably was selected when i last updated clover..

Serial Port is disabled in BIOS.

For some reason, it shows in your ioreg.

As for the kext, i honestly don't know what is it.You think should i remove it?

Probably a good idea. It is not something installed by Apple or this guide. It is something you did.

Also, i replaced the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Probably was selected when i last updated clover..

Good. You should pay attention to your selections in the Clover installer.

For some reason, it shows in your ioreg.

Probably a good idea. It is not something installed by Apple or this guide. It is something you did.

Good. You should pay attention to your selections in the Clover installer.

Thanks a lot. One last thing. is it possible to enable handoff on this laptop? i have the 43224HMS as required and as of right now everything works except for handoff. With this, this hack is golden.. is it feasible?

Thanks a lot. One last thing. is it possible to enable handoff on this laptop? i have the 43224HMS as required and as of right now everything works except for handoff. With this, this hack is golden.. is it feasible?

43224HMS has no bluetooth.
Your laptop probably has bluetooth separate from the PCIe WiFi card.
Hand off has not worked reliably on hack hardware for a very long time (since Yosemite).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back