Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
/System/Library/Extensions//IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcmNIC.kext/Contents/Info.plist: <string>pci14e4,43a0</string>

I've put back plugin kext... Wifi now works, bluetooth too, handoff, hotspot, etc. not working... But enabled in general..

Never mind for now, keep me posted if someone actually got it to work..

Attachments

• files.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
Hi, i've followed High Sierra installation tips to update from Sierra
Now installation goes ok, so now i'm on desktop
Audio not work and wifi same way.
Relaunching download/install script and now audio is ok......but wifi doesn't work
No hardware detected also if in Sierra my card works fine is a BCM943224HMS part number 582564-002/582235-002

i see some issue regarding plugin can you explain how to do ?

P.s. for some strange thing my signature doesn't maintain after inserting data

P.s.2 to rebuild cache there is a way to make this from clover option on startup i see anywhere with no luck.
is ok to use sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Last edited:
Hi, i've followed High Sierra installation tips to update from Sierra
Now installation goes ok, so now i'm on desktop
Audio not work and wifi same way.
Relaunching download/install script and now audio is ok......but wifi doesn't work
No hardware detected also if in Sierra my card works fine is a BCM943224HMS part number 582564-002/582235-002

i see some issue regarding plugin can you explain how to do ?

P.s. for some strange thing my signature doesn't maintain after inserting data

P.s.2 to rebuild cache there is a way to make this from clover option on startup i see anywhere with no luck.
is ok to use sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

ok sorry,
it take me a bit to understand how to get files.
In attach file requested
let me know, thanks in advance

Your ZIP is corrupt.
Please use Finder to compress to ZIP, no 3rd party tools.

I can see the file list though, and you did not follow the guide.
Read post #1.

Your ZIP is corrupt.
Please use Finder to compress to ZIP, no 3rd party tools.

I can see the file list though, and you did not follow the guide.
Read post #1.

deleted old file and uploaded new one.

it contains:

EFI/Clover folder
ioreg file
output 1
output 2
Rehabman folder

i don't know what file is missing, sorry is first time i provide all these file

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 95
deleted old file and uploaded new one.

it contains:

EFI/Clover folder
ioreg file
output 1
output 2
Rehabman folder

i don't know what file is missing, sorry is first time i provide all these file

Your files are not up-to-date with respect to the current github project.
Read post #1.

Post Installation

Install Clover UEFI as described in the guide linked by the previous section (post #2).

To transition from PBI-CE based install

If you used the ProBook Installer-Clover Edition (PBI-CE), you can transition to this hotpatch setup:

- remove all files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched except for SSDT.aml (it came from ssdtPRGen.sh)
- then follow all instructions for post-install in the guide

Let me refer to the guide that we are currently commenting on(HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch) as THIS guide.

And let me refer to the guide "
Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover " as THAT guide.

Is the guide referred to in the first quote THIS guide or THAT guide? I'm assuming THAT guide.

And which guide is referred to in the second quote? I'm assuming they are basically the same? I feel like I'm starting to get a handle on this, and it appears that both guides go over the same concepts in their "post-install" sections, but I'm not confident enough yet and feel I might misinterpret some detail if I follow the wrong guide. Apologies in advance is this is a stupid question.

Let me refer to the guide that we are currently commenting on(HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch) as THIS guide.

And let me refer to the guide "
Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover " as THAT guide.

Is the guide referred to in the first quote THIS guide or THAT guide? I'm assuming THAT guide.

And which guide is referred to in the second quote? I'm assuming they are basically the same? I feel like I'm starting to get a handle on this, and it appears that both guides go over the same concepts in their "post-install" sections, but I'm not confident enough yet and feel I might misinterpret some detail if I follow the wrong guide. Apologies in advance is this is a stupid question.

Your first quote refers to the main Clover laptop guide, post #2:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Essentially:
- follow the main laptop guide, up to the point of post install tweaking (eg. just installing/setup of Clover on your HDD like you did for USB)
- then follow post #1 for Probook specific post-install procedures.

Updated my wife's 4530s to High Sierra today. Performed all the post-installation procedures and noticed that the audio slider is present but there is no audio. When I checked my 4530s, to my chagrin, there was no audio there either. In the past, after an update in 10.12, if audio was missing, I could just run run the Rehabman's update string in Terminal and that restored audio. Has anyone had a problem with audio for HS on 4530s? I don't see anything thus far. So it must be me and I expect I better zip some files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back