Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using v4259, brightness control is present in System Preferences panel, functional keys and brightness visual indicator are working but brightness itself doesn't change. Please find attached the requested info.

It might be a bug in Clover's InjectKexts=Detect feature.
It looks like perhaps kexts are getting injected even though FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume.
But you should not have IntelBacklight.kext in Clover/kexts/Other anyway.

Only "essential" kexts should be in kexts/Other.
Your "esssential" kexts would be: FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext. And if you wanted WiFi, you could add FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_BroadcomWiFi.kext.
All other kexts you have there are not needed or wrong and should be removed.

I will check into the InjectKexts=Detect. I seem to recall a dubious commit by Slice having to do with it. Edit/Yes: It was Slice's commit for r4242 that broke InjectKexts=Detect. I will fix it in my version of Clover.

Last edited:
Your terminal output shows your mistake:
Code:
HP-6460b:RehabMan attila$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*: No such file or directory

You forgot to run ./install_downloads.sh.
Read post #1.

Thanks heps RehabMan!
All good now!

.A.

Attachments

• files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 78
Sorry my mistake, new test with kernel flag...

No bluetooth detected on the USB bus.
Probably "fast boot" is mistakenly enabled in BIOS (contrary to post #1 instructions).

No bluetooth detected on the USB bus.
Probably "fast boot" is mistakenly enabled in BIOS (contrary to post #1 instructions).

It seems that option was automatically enabled when I've changed to CMS mode.

Looks like bluetooth is working, but I can't get handoff and instant hotspot to work, even if it is enabled in system perf -> general.

Attachments

• files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 92
followed the guide and did the post install process as described in the guide for probook 4530s. However I still couldn't fix the trackpad (waiting for bluetooth trackpad) issue.

Troubleshooting files attached.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 77
followed the guide and did the post install process as described in the guide for probook 4530s. However I still couldn't fix the trackpad (waiting for bluetooth trackpad) issue.

Troubleshooting files attached.
Thanks for the help.

Make sure you didn't do anything related to the trackpad prefpane (eg. don't replace it).
Use the macOS installer to restore all system files if necessary.

Boot without caches, rebuild cache, then boot normally.

It is typical.
Most likely a BT firmware compatibility issue.
No known solution.

Thats shame... Continuity, handoff, hotspot... Those are primary functions or reasons of bluetooth in Apple ecosystem :( I've wasted 30 bucks on this card... So Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB should be better choice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back