Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t boot my Sierra 10.12.4 usb because I want to switch back to Sierra.... High Sierra is buggy for me ... notes app , photos app and lock screen shortcut

Hello RehabMan, I have got same HP Probook 4530s, I have a few questions.
I have yet to prepare this laptop for hackintosh, I'm not doing anything right away.

I am not seeing BIOS F.60 on HP website but F.63 Rev.A is the latest BIOS update, should I update to F.63 Rev.A?

Will I be able to enable handoff and such features with AR5B195, if not then let me know?

Hello RehabMan, I have got same HP Probook 4530s, I have a few questions.
I have yet to prepare this laptop for hackintosh, I'm not doing anything right away.

I am not seeing BIOS F.60 on HP website but F.63 Rev.A is the latest BIOS update, should I update to F.63 Rev.A?

Post #1 recommends the latest BIOS.

Will I be able to enable handoff and such features with AR5B195, if not then let me know?

No.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
I got it now. I hope this is everything, kind of missed that thread earlier
the problems I'm seeing are the biggest being the battery status in the menu bar either shows 100% plugged in or doesn't show at all and the screen brightness doesn't change smoothly. I've been seeing garbage on the screen as well and I'm not sure what this is but hitting the far right desktop bounces everything the wrong way, I assume this is a macOS bug.

Attachments

• cloverefi.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 101
  • terminalstuff.zip
    2 KB · Views: 81
  • patchmatic.2017-10-19.14:52:19.zip
    55.4 KB · Views: 64
the problems I'm seeing are the biggest being the battery status in the menu bar either shows 100% plugged in or doesn't show at all and the screen brightness doesn't change smoothly. I've been seeing garbage on the screen as well and I'm not sure what this is but hitting the far right desktop bounces everything the wrong way, I assume this is a macOS bug.

Seems like ioreg is missing.
Please read problem reporting again. Carefully this time.

Seems like ioreg is missing.
Please read problem reporting again. Carefully this time.
oh it was there on my hard drive, problem with reading carefully is by the time I get to the end I forget what was at the beginning

Attachments

• stv3.ioreg.zip
    589 KB · Views: 85
oh it was there on my hard drive, problem with reading carefully is by the time I get to the end I forget what was at the beginning

Battery problem may be timing related. Because we already know that if you enable TRIM with certain SSDs, combined with APFS, you can have a slow boot which causes problems for battery status. Your system might be slower than usual because of the fact you have HDD instead of SSD. The battery status kext has a kernel flag to increase the delay for slow systems. The default is 4000ms. Try adding kernel flag abm_firstpolldelay=16000 (16 second delay before reporting any battery status).

If that is not the problem, then maybe your BIOS is not up-to-date. Or you need to do EC reset.

Smooth transitions with brightness keys is not expected. That disappeared when IntelBacklight.kext stopped working in 10.12.4.

Boom and/or VirtualBox (your ioreg shows both installed) may also be part of the problem.

battery is fixed, that was actually the biggest thing. I can live with non smooth transitions, front page looked like by some miracle it got fixed. hdd does make yosemite and higher chug pretty slow after 24 hours of uptime. ssd recommended if one can afford

Hi Gurus,

I managed to get pretty much working on my HP Probook 6460b (Bluetooth, WiFi, LAN, battery status; though the battery status is not always ok after restart), but audio.
So here are problem report files.
Please point me the path i need to take to get audio up.
Thanks a lot!

.A.

Attachments

• PR_HP6460b.zip
    6 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back