Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,

Using your old thread and now this one i have everything working super fine on my Elitebook Folio 9470m.
Thanks for this great guide !

I have triple boot (OSX, Windows and Linux Mint) on the same SSD. Initial OSX was El capitan and always been updating till Sierra 10.12.6 without any problem what so ever. Now, when i tried to update to High Sierra without converting to APFS (using "/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO") the update start but a few minutes later it shows the message :

"macOS could not be installed on your computer"
"This partition map modification would make a windows partition unbootable"

Do you have any clue what could be the problem ?
Any workaround to bypass this ?

Attach output of 'diskutil list' in Terminal.
Also, attach "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

Hi I just updated with this method and I did all the patches the guide told me to, I also checked the common problems post and I have no smooth display brightness, a completely unusable battery status, and I have weird lines on my screen in certain applications. I have updated clover to the latest, I checked my kext versions, the proper kexts are in /L/E and I ran kextcache again for good measure

On dock ? Both ports ?
Hi, Sorry for late response.

I just check again.
With 840 G1 docked, the DP port on dock works. DP port on 840 G1 not work.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Here you go.
Thanks for the effort! Really appreciate! :)

.A.
Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

Attachments

• CLOVER_HP6460b.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
It is part of putting the codec into idle and taking it out of idle (referred to as "D3hot" in the HDA spec).
Unfortunately, that process is not as smooth as it is on real Apple hardware.
thanks for reply
is it possible to disable this feature?

Hi Rehabman,
i have my 8460p with osx sierra installed with your guide.
I download high sierra and launch from terminal installation with no conversion to APFS removing alle kext from other folder maintaining only fakesmc, ethernet kext
It start correctly without error unitil i receive message unable to install High Sierra and the only choice is reboot (it suggests to do a diagnostic on startup pressing "d" ) .
Any ideas?
IMG_1478.JPG

Last edited:
Attach output of 'diskutil list' in Terminal.
Also, attach "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

Thanks RehabMan,

Here you have the ZIP with all requested files

Attachments

• ProblemReport.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
Hi I just updated with this method and I did all the patches the guide told me to, I also checked the common problems post and I have no smooth display brightness, a completely unusable battery status, and I have weird lines on my screen in certain applications. I have updated clover to the latest, I checked my kext versions, the proper kexts are in /L/E and I ran kextcache again for good measure

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back