Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had to order a displayport adapter since the damn laptop doesn't have an hdmi out. It will be here monday.

Good.
Your laptop might also support video from USB-C (if it has one), so that is another adapter you should have.

Any idea why another user with an almost identical laptop with the same specs except screen size (840 G3 vs 820 G3) would have no issues with 10.13? Should I do another clean install?

Could be different BIOS version, different memory configuration, different BIOS settings, different screen, etc.

Good.
Your laptop might also support video from USB-C (if it has one), so that is another adapter you should have.

Could be different BIOS version, different memory configuration, different BIOS settings, different screen, etc.

FYI, just did another clean install of 10.13, but this time did it without converting to APFS. No difference in sleep. Will post updated problem reporting files when I get the DisplayPort adapter.

- 7-series laptop (Ivy Bridge or Sandy Bridge): HP Probook 4x40s, 4x0 G0, 6x70b, Elitebook 8x70p, 2x70p, 9470m
thanks for rehabman , may 2570p almost perfecrt. haha

Hello,

I'm new to this, so please bear with me! :)
I have a spare laptop (HP Probook 6460b with Broadcom 43224), so i thought i give it a go and install High Sierra.
I followed the guide of creating the USB. Or at least i thought... when i boot the laptop from it, without any additional changes i get KP.
Could someone explain what kexts should be on the USB?
Do i need to explicitly select any of them before booting the install in Clover?

Thank you!
.A.

Hello,...
Basically it is as described by the guide.
1. Format and partition the USB thumb drive
2. Install Clover to it
3. Copy the kexts, drivers and the proper config.plist to it (this is described in perfect detail)
4. Create/copy Install media
5. Boot the target laptop.
6. Install MacOS
7. Do the post-install stuff
8. You're done, look at the watch, go to bed, get some sleep and continue tomorrow.

I installed all on my elitebook 8470 and everything works fine
But I hear a noise when i use headphone 30 after the silence in OS and when a sound starting to play again another noise heared before the sound, something like turn off and on for headphone in silences
is it normal ?

Hello,

I'm new to this, so please bear with me! :)
I have a spare laptop (HP Probook 6460b with Broadcom 43224), so i thought i give it a go and install High Sierra.
I followed the guide of creating the USB. Or at least i thought... when i boot the laptop from it, without any additional changes i get KP.
Could someone explain what kexts should be on the USB?
Do i need to explicitly select any of them before booting the install in Clover?

Thank you!
.A.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I installed all on my elitebook 8470 and everything works fine
But I hear a noise when i use headphone 30 after the silence in OS and when a sound starting to play again another noise heared before the sound, something like turn off and on for headphone in silences
is it normal ?

It is part of putting the codec into idle and taking it out of idle (referred to as "D3hot" in the HDA spec).
Unfortunately, that process is not as smooth as it is on real Apple hardware.

Hi RehabMan,

Using your old thread and now this one i have everything working super fine on my Elitebook Folio 9470m.
Thanks for this great guide !

I have triple boot (OSX, Windows and Linux Mint) on the same SSD. Initial OSX was El capitan and always been updating till Sierra 10.12.6 without any problem what so ever. Now, when i tried to update to High Sierra without converting to APFS (using "/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO") the update start but a few minutes later it shows the message :

"macOS could not be installed on your computer"
"This partition map modification would make a windows partition unbootable"

Do you have any clue what could be the problem ?
Any workaround to bypass this ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back