Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive tried to change DP and VGA, no difference in IOreg.... Maybe Clover isn't patching the kext ? Is there any Clover log file to see what goes wrong ?

MacBookPro11,4 is a poor choice. Use MacBookPro11,1.
Your config.plist is too messy to determine what is going on.
Remove patches (for the framebuffer) that are wrong or that you're not trying to test.

MacBookPro11,4 is a poor choice. Use MacBookPro11,1.
Your config.plist is too messy to determine what is going on.
Remove patches (for the framebuffer) that are wrong or that you're not trying to test.
Ok, I've changed SMBIOS, cleaned or disabled existing framebuffer patches, but there is no change in IOREG, now even existing internal DP port (which previously worked OK) started acting weird (See attached photos)

EDIT: FYI VGA port is working ok

Attachments

• files.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0068.JPG
    IMG_0068.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
a question
how can i calibrate my 8470p display to best color on high sierra
expert mode not working on mac calibration tool
also there is no icc file for my model
can anybody help me
thanks in advance

Anyone running Sierra on a Xeon powered ZBook?

Would like confirmation everything works well enough before dropping £3k on my new laptop.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Greetings Rehabman: I have attached the zip file. I hope it has all its fingers and toes and not too many.

There are two anomalies that I am seeing. Well, three, actually. I noticed there was no battery power icon in the menu bar not long after upgrading to High Sierra. Invoking it did not help because the checkmark disappeared in the option box.

So, I went back to a vanilla config.plist that comes with the hot patch, the one designed for a 4530s. That worked. After modifying it to boot legacy and adding my own boot theme, the icon disappeared. But I could invoke it in the option box. But on reboot, it disappeared and has to be invoked again.

Meanwhile, booting the Windows 10 installation (which is why I have a legacy boot), I noticed that it, too, will not wake up after invoking sleep.

And, I am using the lastest BIOS, f63.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    22.6 MB · Views: 80
FYI: Sleep is delayed by 15-20 seconds.
You failed to attach "Problem Reporting" files.
Hi rehabman,

Did you get a chance to take a look at the reporting files I posted? I'm not sure if my post got lost in the thread. Sorry to bug you! Thanks for all that you do!

Anyone running Sierra on a Xeon powered ZBook?

Would like confirmation everything works well enough before dropping £3k on my new laptop.
I have tried it on both a Zbook Studio G3 and Zbook 17 G3, both which are models with the 6700HQ and Intel HD530 graphics only. I got a DW1560 (Broadcom BCM94352Z) to replace the Intel 8265 Wifi, and use a Crucial MX300 SSD as the boot drive. I have everything working so far other than Thunderbolt 3 hotplugging (it does work from cold boot) and HDMI/DP audio output. Technically the Intel Ethernet has a bug where it only works if the cable is plugged in from bootup, but you can get around this by using one of the various USB 3.0 Ethernet dongles available. If you get a Zbook Studio model its got an Alps Trackpad which does not support gestures, unless you get the Alps version of the PS/2 driver that some people have used with latitudes.

Anyone having any luck getting High Sierra working on a ProBook 450 G4 (Kabylake)? I had 10.12.6 running pretty well, and was initially able to install High Sierra on an HFS+J partition using the Clover USB Install, Avoid AFPS conversion, and Clover hotpatch guides, but was having stability problems. Now I can't get the High Sierra installer to boot from "macOS install on macOS" (1st reboot after running installer USB). Just looking to see if anyone has had any success before I give up and revert back to 10.12.6.

ProBook 450 G4/i7-7500U (Clover)
8GB RAM
Intel HD620 Graphics
500GB M.2 SATA SSD

Writing this from my ProBook 4530s with High Sierra (plus supplemental update), which is working very well.

Thanks,
-bth

Ok, I've changed SMBIOS, cleaned or disabled existing framebuffer patches, but there is no change in IOREG, now even existing internal DP port (which previously worked OK) started acting weird (See attached photos)

EDIT: FYI VGA port is working ok

Your Find pattern is wrong.
Actual data for 0105 in 0x04260000 is:
01 05 09 00 04 00 00 00 04 00 00 00

I have tried it on both a Zbook Studio G3 and Zbook 17 G3, both which are models with the 6700HQ and Intel HD530 graphics only. I got a DW1560 (Broadcom BCM94352Z) to replace the Intel 8265 Wifi, and use a Crucial MX300 SSD as the boot drive. I have everything working so far other than Thunderbolt 3 hotplugging (it does work from cold boot) and HDMI/DP audio output. Technically the Intel Ethernet has a bug where it only works if the cable is plugged in from bootup, but you can get around this by using one of the various USB 3.0 Ethernet dongles available. If you get a Zbook Studio model its got an Alps Trackpad which does not support gestures, unless you get the Alps version of the PS/2 driver that some people have used with latitudes.

Thunderbolt issue with hotplug after boot is typical.
ZBook external ports are connected to Nvidia. So, you will need to experiment with methods to enable the Nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back